Site rating and dive rating

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
weppos
Dive Computer: Perdix, Petrel

Site rating and dive rating

Post by weppos »

I have a couple of suggestions about site ratings.

First of all, I would suggest to detach the site ratings from the dive rating. For instance, there are dive sites where I dived dozens of times that are worth 5*, but some dives were bad for different reasons and they are lowering the rating.

I would love to have a site rating and an average rating, which is instead calculated from the dive rating.

Moreover, I suggest a change in the way you calculate dive rating. Dives without a rating should not count towards the average.
Let's assume I dived 4 times in a 5* site, and I assigned 3 rates of 5* and one no rate. The final result would be 3*, which from my POV is not correct. It would be, if I assign 1* to the remaining dive, but if I decide to ignore the dive than it should not count towards the average.

This is especially useful when I have 20-30 dives in a site. The current average calculation forces me to assign a rating to every dive, and to be honest I don't want to assign a rating for a 4 y.o. dive I don't even remember.
richiewrt
Dive Computer: Petrel 2

Re: Site rating and dive rating

Post by richiewrt »

I think this is a great idea. I really like the idea of separating the site rating from the dive rating.