Dive Computer Buddy

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
tony1263
Dive Computer: Suunto Zoop

Re: Dive Computer Buddy

Post by tony1263 »

I also have purchased the DC Buddy and am looking forward to MacDive working with this unit. I don't particularly care for the DivePal app that you currently have to use with the DCBuddy currently. I'll keep checking back for updates.
bubffm
Dive Computer: Suunto D4i

Post by bubffm »

Any news on support for the DC Buddy from DiveNav? Things turned very quite on this or am I missing something?

Many thanks
bubffm
Rhys_Nicholls
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

Post by Rhys_Nicholls »

Hi Nick

My brother in law has a Mares Puck & has bought the DC Buddy in order to use your great logbook. He doesn't own a Mac so it's only using the iOS version. I note that the app includes the Blue Buddy but not the DC Buddy. When selecting the Blue Buddy it finds & connects to the dive computer but won't sync any dives. Any suggestions?

Cheers
Rhys
I'd rather be diving
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

If you look at the devices page for iOS, it is clearly stated that the Dive Buddy is supported for various models. I'm not sure where you are noting that it is not.

As for the Mares specifically, they are not currently supported. This is simply due to a lack of physical access preventing me from testing them myself. If someone were able to commit their time to helping test, running a bunch of test versions and reporting back, then it would be straightforward to add support.
Rhys_Nicholls

Post by Rhys_Nicholls »

nick wrote:I'm not sure where you are noting that it is not.
Hi Nick

I've attached images for clarification. I do note that the mac dive website mentions support for the DC Buddy but that on the iOS version only the Bluebuddy is listed. My understanding is that the DC Buddy & Bluebuddy are different products though manufactured by the same company. As shown, I can connect the device to the app but I cannot download any dives.

Cheer
Rhys
Attachments
IMG_1312.PNG
IMG_1310.PNG
I'd rather be diving
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

The ones with the "(DB)" icon indicate that they are supported via DC Buddy, and match the devices specified on the website that say that are supported via DC Buddy.

The Bluebuddy is a different device entirely. If you don't have one, you can't connect to one. This is like tapping on your Sheartwater Perdix AI and expecting it to work with your Mares.

The Mares are not currently supported via DC Buddy, for the reasons I explained previously.
Rhys_Nicholls

Post by Rhys_Nicholls »

The DC Buddy does indeed support the Mares Puck as shown in the following link.

https://www.divenavstore.com/product/801

I see what you're saying though about the support. I'm sure my brother would be happy to provide data to assist you in adding Mares support for the DC Buddy. He is using the Puck Console.

Cheers
I'd rather be diving