Add a "Delete Verification"

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Heavydpj69
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

Add a "Delete Verification"

Post by Heavydpj69 »

First, I love the product. I've installed it on both my iMac and my iOS devices. However, there is one area that has recenlty caused me a bit of frustration.

As it stands right now, it is incredibly easy to accidentally delete a dive, dive site, diver, or piece of gear (or even several - don't ask me how I know) by clicking on the "X" thinking that you were simply closing a window. The X scheme is used in both Windows and Mac machines (e.g. "Just X out."). Would it be possible to add a delete verification step? Something like "are you sure you want to delete this record?" would be immensely helpful and prevent people from irretrievably deleting records.

Alternatively, a "delete" button might also be added.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Add a "Delete Verification"

Post by nick »

There is already verification for most places, but not the X's. I will look in to it.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I've added this for the next release. It does the same as other places, where it asks to confirm, but you can opt in to disabling that if you like.

For what it's worth, if you accidentally delete you can always hit Undo.
Heavydpj69

Post by Heavydpj69 »

Thanks!

I just accidentally delete my Rescue Diver certification, thinking I was just closing the window. :lol:
Heavydpj69

Post by Heavydpj69 »

nick wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:13 am For what it's worth, if you accidentally delete you can always hit Undo.
I'll give that a go! Thanks.