All Dives for a diver?

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
jarold
Dive Computer: Mares Puck Pro

All Dives for a diver?

Post by jarold »

Hi,

I recently acquired a 2nd-hand computer with 11 dives on it & as many have found there is no way to delete the dives.

So I downloaded them to MacDive & they come up against a diver of 'Mares diver' which helps keep them separate from my dives.

I have now changed the owner of the computer to me & set the next sequence number for numbering for my dives however there is a small annoyance.

On the Mac 'All Dives' shows the Mares diver dives as well & this is also in the 'All Dives' tag on the app when I only want to see my dives. I have created a Smart Log that only includes me but its just a bit frustrating the first screen, top item on the app & the Mac includes dives that are not me.

Would there be a possibility to have a filtered against 'All Dives' to select the diver or would this be confusing, else I'll have to wait for the dives to 'roll off' the computer in a year or so as I fill the memory & they get overwritten & I can delete them on MacDive desktop without fear of them being downloaded again.

Thanks for listening
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: All Dives for a diver?

Post by nick »

No, and this is really not required.

1. Wait until you have done one dive on the computer (there isn't even any point downloading prior to this)
2. Download the dives
3. Delete the ones you don't want
4. Fix the numbering
5. Make sure your import mode is set to Only new dives

Now, they will never be downloaded again. This is very easy to work around. You don't need to wait a year/fill it up, it's just a case of doing one dive yourself, and then you do not have to worry about this.
jarold
Dive Computer: Mares Puck Pro

Post by jarold »

Wow! That simple, many thanks Nick for such a quick response, it is much appreciated (& far more elegant than what I was suggesting!)
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I appreciate that in certain circumstances it would be nice to “ignore” previously deleted dives or some such, but in yours (and for most people) it shouldn’t be a big deal.