Synching issue

Problems ? Get help here!
findbenjamin
Dive Computer: Suunto Gekko

Synching issue

Post by findbenjamin »

the sync from iOS device to MacDive works flawlessly. My issue is when I try to sync back, none of my changes I made sync back to the iOS device. I've tried setting up a new logbook on the iOS device, but that fails also, instead of dives 1-end (that shows in my MacDive) I get a dive 0, multiple dive 1s, etc. It's puzzling.\

Edit:
So, I completely blew away the DiveLog logbook and everything synched ok. Then I updated the name of one of my sites (SeW Pool@Diveshop1 to Marietta Wall [the nickname for it]). I synch'd changes, the pane said 54 updates... however, the Dive Log on the phone still shows dives with site SeW Pool, as does the Locations list.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Synching issue

Post by nick »

So what were the changes?

You can click on "Dives" at the bottom, next to Summary, and it will show you what the changes are and which ones will be used. If you changed something in MacDive more recently, then it will keep that value, as it's based on modification time.

Have you read this?

http://www.mac-dive.com/help/index.php? ... e_Log_Sync
findbenjamin
Dive Computer: Suunto Gekko

Post by findbenjamin »

Hi Nick,
The change was in the edit. It was a location. If I make a change to a location on the MacDive app, it should sync that to the phone and update the dives that use that location, yes?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Yup. See above. What did the Dives change say.