MacDive hangs on syncing/restoring from backup...

Problems ? Get help here!
seth
Dive Computer: Oceanic VT4.2

MacDive hangs on syncing/restoring from backup...

Post by seth »

Hello, I'm a very happy MacDive user and have been using it for some time on my Mac Mini to easily download dives from my Oceanic VT4.1 and sync them with Dive Log on my iPhone and iPad. It works great!

However... I've added a new variable into the mix. I am fixing to leave on a trip to Bonaire this Saturday for two weeks and wanted to be able to download my logs on my MacBook laptop while I'm traveling. So... I downloaded MacDive, installed it, registered it with my license key file and all seems well. However when I go to "sync" it with Dive Log on my iPhone, it hangs and eventually crashes. Upon relaunching MacDive there was nothing imported. However the Mac Dive directory under ~/Application Support/MacDive shows new files indicating it did transfer some information from the iPhone prior to crashing. OKAY, maybe the initial syncing from iPhone was problematic, so I thought I could just copy my MacDive.sqlite file from the Mac Mini to my Mac Book and all would be well. Now when I open MacDive on the MacBook it hangs before ever showing the Mac Dive screen and eventually crashes!

Would there be compatibility issues using files created in OSX 10.8 (MacMini) on files created in OSX 10.7 (MacBook)?

This is frustrating and I'm not sure what I can do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support!

- Seth
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: MacDive hangs on syncing/restoring from backup...

Post by nick »

There are no compatibility issues.

Check the help, specifically the iOS Sync Guide - it explains how to send me your MacDive.sqlite file, as well as a backup from Dive Log. I need those files to investigate what the issue is.
seth
Dive Computer: Oceanic VT4.2

Re: MacDive hangs on syncing/restoring from backup...

Post by seth »

I sent the requested files via email. I followed the iOS sync guide to the letter and it still hangs like I mentioned before crashing. Trying to copy the SQL file from my MacMini over to my MacBook still is causing it to freeze before launching and eventually crash. I cannot open MacDive again until I remove the SQL file.

Again, any help is really appreciated.