Mac-Dive crashing

Problems ? Get help here!
Martin
Dive Computer: Vyper VR3

Mac-Dive crashing

Post by Martin »

This is becoming a problem, it's the second time it's happened to me.

I've just edited a load of dives that I had previously imported, about an hours worth of work. I tried to import a photo from a folder in Finder and Mac-Dive closed unexpectedly. When I re opened it all the edited dives reverted back to pre edit. I can't get them back.

Is this a glitch? Is there a way of rescuing the edited dives?

As I said, it has done this previously but I assumed I had done something wrong, I'm not so sure now it's happened again.

Martin
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Mac-Dive crashing

Post by nick »

Martin wrote:This is becoming a problem, it's the second time it's happened to me.

I've just edited a load of dives that I had previously imported, about an hours worth of work. I tried to import a photo from a folder in Finder and Mac-Dive closed unexpectedly. When I re opened it all the edited dives reverted back to pre edit. I can't get them back.

Is this a glitch? Is there a way of rescuing the edited dives?

As I said, it has done this previously but I assumed I had done something wrong, I'm not so sure now it's happened again.

Martin
As we've been in contact over email about this, you are aware there is an issue that I am actively investigating. As such you should save your work (as you should in any application you are using) more often than usual. Especially when there is a known bug with images and you are trying to add them :)

I've had reports from a couple of people now but I still cannot replicate this problem myself. I'm working on it, but it's proving elusive.
Martin
Dive Computer: Vyper VR3

Post by Martin »

I know. I felt a bit stupid and frustrated for doing it twice. I had got in the habit of saving on a regular basis but just got in to the flow of things late at night and forgot.

As a matter of interest, what is the difference in the file drop down between save and revert to saved?

Martin
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Save saves, and revert to saved undoes all of your changes since your last save.