Multiple gear groups

Problems ? Get help here!
nilium
Dive Computer: Uwatec Aladin Air Z

Multiple gear groups

Post by nilium »

Hey there,

Great work with MacDive 2.0! I ran into a small problem, and I don't know whether it's a bug or just me doing something incorrectly. I'd like to have more than one "gear group". I'm able to create as many as I want, but when drag-and-dropping the items, they will only go to the first group. I even tried updating the Z_8RELATIONSHIPGEARGROUP table on the db manually, but no effect when loading it with the MacDive interface.

Thanks for your help,

N.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Multiple gear groups

Post by nick »

I take it you are running 10.5.8 ?
nilium

Post by nilium »

Exactly so.

N.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

This is a known problem, specific to 10.5.8 (not sure about other version of 10.5).

Investigating it..
nilium

Post by nilium »

Ok thank you. Maybe the following can provide you further clues:

- I created 2 gear groups, filled the first one.
- I went to the sqlite db, Z_GEARGROUP and saw the two groups, with Z_ENT = 1 and 2, cool...
- Then went to Z_8RELATIONSHIPGEARITEMS, and see two fields: Z_8RELATIONSHIPGROUPS and Z_9RELATIONSHIPGEARITEMS1
- Under Z_8RELATIONSHIPGROUPS I see entries with value 1 only, and under Z_9RELATIONSHIPGEARITEMS1 I see the IDs of the items that I added to group 1 earlier from MacDive.
- I manually add some entries, with Z_8RELATIONSHIPGROUPS = 2 and Z_9RELATIONSHIPGEARITEMS1 = IDs of gear items I made sure exist, not repeated in group 1.
- Saved db and opened MacDive. No effect. Gear group 2 remains empty.

Hope this helps. Thanks for looking into it.

N.
ScubaJer
Dive Computer: Atom 2

Post by ScubaJer »

I've found a similar/related bug. If I have two gear groups and try to drag new gear into one of the groups it will appear in the other group. i.e. drag to Grp1 and the item is added to the list for Grp2, and vice-versa. Also running 10.5.8.

Thanks for all of your great work on MD2. And even more, all of your active support to improve it!!!
nilium

Post by nilium »

Heh, not only is it "similar" but it is the exact same problem as I have :mrgreen: Let's hope it can be easily fixable!

N.