"Model Configuration ..." error

Problems ? Get help here!
ScubaJer
Dive Computer: Atom 2

"Model Configuration ..." error

Post by ScubaJer »

I get the following error when I launch MacDive 2: "The model configuration used to open the store is incompatible with the one that was used to create the store."

I saw your advice in another post to delete the app, and ensure that the Library file was removed: ~/Library/Application Support/MacDive/MacDive.sqlite I tried that, but the folder and file aren't present in in my Library.

I've tried removing the app, rebooting the computer and reinstalling the app, but it didn't work. Any thoughts?

And THANK YOU! for making a dive log app for Mac OS. There's nothing out there, and I really appreciate all of your work on this!!!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: "Model Configuration ..." error

Post by nick »

How are you trying to find that directory?

Note that "~/" means "/Users/your username/".
ScubaJer

Post by ScubaJer »

Hey, Nick. Yeah, understand the "~". Looked under the Lib for my username. Also did a search in Finder for anything with the name "macdive" in it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem that the app is creating a library file.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

The error you are getting is because the one that exists is incompatible. It's there.

Try using spotlight and searching for it.
ScubaJer

Post by ScubaJer »

Hey Nick. Yeah, a search in Finder is via Spotlight. Obviously the file should be there, but it's not. MacDive never created a Lib folder/files. My user acct has full admin rights, so I don't think that would be related to the issue. Installed previous version and current version by the standard drag-n-drop to the Applications folder. I've attached a couple of screenshots just to prove up that the Lib folder/file are MIA. (MacDive folder you see is just an organization folder in my Downloads, for the drivers, etc.)
Attachments
Picture 2.png
Picture 1.png
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Open a new finder window, which will default to your home dir.

Double click Library.

Double click Application Support.

Double click MacDive.

What's there?
ScubaJer

Post by ScubaJer »

Hey Nick. Notta. UNTIL - I reinstalled 1.5.3 and launched it. DB file appeared in the Lib where it is supposed to be. I trashed 1.5.3, deleted the MacDive Lib directory and reinstalled MD2. Bingo, it created its DB file in the Lib and is working great.

I'm just glad that I was able to get around it, because this program is FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Thanks so much for it. Another $25 on its way.

When do you expect to release the first patch?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Glad you got it sorted.

But this is pretty strange. Someone else emailed me with the same problem, and said they couldn't find the directory under library. But running a "find" command from the Terminal showed it was definitely there, and eventually it was found.

I will likely upload the patch tonight. I meant to do it over the weekend but had friends from out of town staying.
ebrothers
Dive Computer: Aeris Manta

Post by ebrothers »

I'm having a similar problem, however, I was never able to open the program for the first time. I got this error right from the beginning. I don't see a library file, either. What is going on?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I've had reports of an issue with empty data files. Basically if you loaded an old version of macdive at some point and didn't do anything (ie no data import, nothing) and then upgraded to a newer version with a different database, which required an upgrade, you would get this issue. This is true for older versions of macdive as well, not just this. It's a frustrating problem :)

I've never been able to reproduce this myself in order to track it down, and the simple solution is to delete that file. If you can't find it through finder (which I've now had a couple of reports of) you may need to use the Terminal to remove it. Basically open a terminal and in it type (just cut and paste):

rm "Library/Application Support/MacDive/MacDive.sqlite"

Then try again.

But that file is there. The error is not possible without it, it occurs as a result of reading that file. I'll try and dedicate some more time to figuring this issue out, but for now I have too many other more important issues to fix, and as I said, this has a (mostly :) ) simple fix.