Editing Dives

Problems ? Get help here!
Martin
Dive Computer: Vyper VR3

Editing Dives

Post by Martin »

Hi everyone.

May I add my vote of support for version 2 as well, it's taken me a while to find a log I can use on my Mac, but generally I'm very happy with this one, thank you!!

I don't know if this has been asked before but I can't find it if it has. I'm struggling to edit dives that I've imported in from my Vyper and also the dives I've imported from SDM2.

Some fields such as: Date, Computer and Duration etc I can edit by clicking and editing the field. The field: Buddy I cannot edit. I've read that there is a disclosure arrow to help edit the dives, but I cannot find this arrow, though I do remember it from the previous version.

If I try to edit a dive using the "Info" box, I find there is a drop down box for the site, but not for any of the other fields: Diver, Buddies, Dive Type etc I don't get a drop down requiring a fresh entry every time, this is time consuming and I suspect I have overlooked something obvious.

Any one got a solution, please?

Martin
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Editing Dives

Post by nick »

Martin wrote: Some fields such as: Date, Computer and Duration etc I can edit by clicking and editing the field. The field: Buddy I cannot edit.
Buddy is a "token", not just plain text, and you can't edit it via the table. That's why it is grayed out. You can edit them in the Get Info window (apple + i, the blue info icon in the toolbar, or File -> Get Info). This works for single or multiple dives.
I've read that there is a disclosure arrow to help edit the dives, but I cannot find this arrow, though I do remember it from the previous version.
That was in the previous version, not this one.
If I try to edit a dive using the "Info" box, I find there is a drop down box for the site, but not for any of the other fields: Diver, Buddies, Dive Type etc I don't get a drop down requiring a fresh entry every time, this is time consuming and I suspect I have overlooked something obvious.
Buddies will autocomplete from your addressbook. Dive Types will autocomplete from previously entered dive types. Same with diver name etc.
Martin

Post by Martin »

OK, thanks I think I've got it.

A further question, can I batch change a large number of dives with same information? For example I want to change the "Diver" information for all dives in the log, at the moment the diver field shows three versions of me, if that makes sense. One is the version saved on my Vyper, one a version saved on a previously owned Cobra and one I created in Macdive.

I'd also like to batch change the site, location and country as I have an awful lot of dives with no information in these fields.

Again, maybe I'm missing the obvious, but thanks in anticipation.

Regards
Martin
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Martin wrote: I'd also like to batch change the site, location and country as I have an awful lot of dives with no information in these fields.
See my earlier reply - "this works for single or multiple dives.".

Just select all of the dives you want to change in the dives table, and then change them in the info window. All of the dives will be updated.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Thanks Nick, that works.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this, I'm finding my way around far more easily now.

Cheers mate!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I really should write some help, but.. you know. :)
pjones
Dive Computer: Aeris Manta

Post by pjones »

:idea: Maybe in the Help bar you can direct people to this forum. ;)
Dave
Dive Computer: Shearwater Petrel

Post by Dave »

nick wrote:
Martin wrote: I'd also like to batch change the site, location and country as I have an awful lot of dives with no information in these fields.
See my earlier reply - "this works for single or multiple dives.".

Just select all of the dives you want to change in the dives table, and then change them in the info window. All of the dives will be updated.
:lol: :lol: :lol: this makes me laugh now... shame I didnt read the forum before I edited my 350+ dives line by line .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for all your useful info Nick. Great to hear the update patch may come out this weekend. ;)