Having Problems

Problems ? Get help here!
Julian55
Dive Computer: Suunto Gekko

Having Problems

Post by Julian55 »

Ok here are a few problems I'm having

1) when I connect the computer, I seem to have to disconnect the USB and close Mac-Dive every time or else it gives me an error code -5?
2) I seem to be missing some of my dives, for example none of my 2007 dives are showing up?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Having Problems

Post by nick »

Missing from where, the dive computer?

How many dives are on it? They have a limited memory. Maybe you've done enough dives that it's overwritten the older ones and they are no longer stored.
Julian55

Post by Julian55 »

I only have 248 dives, when I plug it in to my PC using the Suunto dive software it reads all the dives. When I use the macdive none of my 2007 dives show up on the mac log? they are all there on the Gekko computer just not getting transgered?

Plus every time I try to sync the Gekko I have to shut down mac dive, unplug the USB cable and put it in a different slot then try it again? seems odd to me.

Julian
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

The Gekko has only 8K of memory. Even if you have configured the largest samplerate (60s), there is no way the Gekko can store the profiles for all your 248 dives. It does keep some statistics for all your dives, but not the profiles. Once the memory is full, old dives are overwritten. At the default samplerate of 20s, the gekko can store about 40 hours of profile data.

Can you run the vyper test application to diagnose your transfer problem. Instructions are here: http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=407
Julian55

Post by Julian55 »

I will run the test for sure, I actually have about 97 dive logs, the 248 is total dives. I bought it used so I guess the original owner deleted his dives?
Julian55

Post by Julian55 »

I will run the test for sure, I actually have about 97 dive logs, the 248 is total dives. I bought it used so I guess the original owner deleted his dives?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

As TnT says, once the dive computers memory is full, it will overwrite the earliest dives. It can only store a small amount of profile data, but the statistics (maximum depth reached, total number of dives) will remain.

It's more likely that you have just overwritten the dives that were stored on it earlier.
Julian55

Post by Julian55 »

Ok my error, having just got home from a dive and manually checking my Gekko it seems they have been overwritten.

I tried to follow the instructions for the test link you sent me and emailed the results, it seems I still have some connection issues as it will import a few dives then give the -5 error and drop off

I also could not complete the test you linked me to? says permission denied?
Is that because it's a Gekko?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Usually a permission denied will be because you forgot the chmod u+x step. Hard to say without seeing the terminal output.