Import from iPhone Divelog

Problems ? Get help here!
Kinetic
Dive Computer: Oceanic VT3

Import from iPhone Divelog

Post by Kinetic »

Hello, thank you for a wonderful application and congratulations with the fantastic 2.0 upgrade.

While I am aware that you plan to introduce iPhone syncing in an upcoming release, meanwhile I am looking for a workaround for my problem:

I lost all my data when my previous Macbook said goodnight, so now my entire divelog is on my iPhone.
I have imported it to my computer using Dive Log Manager, unfortunately I have found no way to get it from this program and the .sql-file and finally put it into MacDive. I tried a workaround using Diving Log 5 for Windows (the trial version, limited to 10 dives!!!!!) to sync and manually export 10 dives at a time, but I lost a lot of info in the UDCF format.. it especially messed up the locations, diver name and gear type.

Are there any other solutions to this for now?

Cheers!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Import from iPhone Divelog

Post by nick »

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any - you could try contacting Greg @ MoreMobileSoftware to see if he has anything that is able to do this (he is also just about to release his update that supports macdive2) ?

Syncing with DiveLog is one of my top priorities after I sort out the initial bugs and things that need to be fixed up.
Kinetic

Post by Kinetic »

Cheers!
The new update was just released and it adds support for MacDive 2.0, but just the one way. So I'll be patient and wait for the proper sync:) Any eta?

EDIT: I removed the questions I asked here as I just found the answers. Thanks anyway :)
I have spent more time with this program than I should.. thanks for a wonderful application and making diving even more exciting.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Kinetic wrote:Cheers!
The new update was just released and it adds support for MacDive 2.0, but just the one way. So I'll be patient and wait for the proper sync:) Any eta?
Not really, sorry - but hopefully not as long as between 1.5.3/2.0.0 :)
Another thing: how can I manually add a piece of gear to a dive?
Select the dive in a playlist, hit info, then go to the gear tab. Drag a piece of gear or a group of gear onto the "gear used this dive" table.
Also, I have two instances of the same Dive Site, can I merge them? Or if not, how do I manually assign a dive site to an already imported dive?
You can't merge them automatically. But, essentially the same as adding gear - select a dive, hit info, then change the site in the drop down box.

If you look at a site in the Sites view, it will tell you how many dives you've done there. So after you've changed them, you can delete the one with "no dives here".
Kinetic

Post by Kinetic »

You managed to answer before while I removed my silly questions, that's amazing.

You're doing a fantastic job with this, well worth the cost of the program (I bought it on sunday).

Thanks!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Thanks. :)