Use of New Rev

Problems ? Get help here!
SteveBDavis
Dive Computer: Oceanic Veo

Use of New Rev

Post by SteveBDavis »

I downloaded the original years ago and never paid to use it, I was getting by on the cheap and entered my entire log book manually.
Now, just before I decided to pay and use the software with one of my computers, the 2.0 rev came out and I updated.
I just paid the $40 for multi-machine use so I can enter and interface data with my laptop.
However, now I find that there are multiple important fields that I can't edit (or haven't figured out a way.
Can you direct me on how to do so, I have been diving since 1982 and I'd rather not have to start from scratch.
An example is - the field "Dive Buddy" is greyed-out so I can't change those that were miss-entered before, or new ones....
The field - "Location" is the same.....and within recent manually added dives, I cannot change depths or temperatures (grey also)...?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Use of New Rev

Post by nick »

These are now handled slightly differently.

You can't edit them *in the table*.

For both buddies and location, open the info panel (File -> Get Info, the blue icon in the toolbar, or apple + i).

For buddies: just type the buddies. They're "tokens" and linked to address book.

For locations - you create a new site in the Sites view (use the action menu in the top toolbar, Add Site). Then in the dive edit panel, you simply select the site. This lets the sites be "shared" and work better with the maps etc, and record some interesting things like how many dives you've done on a site, it's average rating etc.

Does that help?