Edit Sites

Problems ? Get help here!
Duo
Dive Computer: Vyper AIR

Edit Sites

Post by Duo »

Hi,

I had entered all GPS data within MacDive 1.5.3 but when I opened MacDive 2.0, ic ould not see any position and I cannot modify them.

Could you help me please?

Olivier
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Edit Sites

Post by nick »

The sites are a little different now - just drag the dive marker flag around and where you leave it is where the GPS coordinates are. You can manually type in coordinates or a place to search, and drag from there to narrow it down.
Duo
Dive Computer: Vyper AIR

Post by Duo »

Ok, managed to change the site by dragging the flag.
What is the format for coordinates
Thanks
ralphkill
Dive Computer: Suunto D6

Post by ralphkill »

I too have this problem cannot edit the locations. I tried dragging the dive flag around which is fine but the locations are not updated. So I have for instance, unknown site, unknown location, unknown country, drag the flag to Capernwray and the three unknowns are still the same. The button for the locations brings up a drop down list but my selections are only from locations already in the log I cannot enter new ones.

Also why is the window for dragging the flag around in of a fixed (and in my opinion too small) size? WOuld be nice to make this window bigger to be able to see what is going on.

I am still on the trial version.
Antarctic-adventurer
Dive Computer: Suunto D5 & D6

Post by Antarctic-adventurer »

I too can't at present edit the flag locations. They just spring back when I try to move them to their original location.
I am evaluating the software using the trial version. Could that be the source of the problem?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

ralphkill wrote:I too have this problem cannot edit the locations. I tried dragging the dive flag around which is fine but the locations are not updated. So I have for instance, unknown site, unknown location, unknown country, drag the flag to Capernwray and the three unknowns are still the same. The button for the locations brings up a drop down list but my selections are only from locations already in the log I cannot enter new ones.
Click the action icon in the menu and Add Site.
ralphkill
Dive Computer: Suunto D6

Post by ralphkill »

nick wrote:
ralphkill wrote:I too have this problem cannot edit the locations. I tried dragging the dive flag around which is fine but the locations are not updated. So I have for instance, unknown site, unknown location, unknown country, drag the flag to Capernwray and the three unknowns are still the same. The button for the locations brings up a drop down list but my selections are only from locations already in the log I cannot enter new ones.
Click the action icon in the menu and Add Site.

OK sorted, thanks. now on licensed version :D
altaskier
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra3

Post by altaskier »

If you go to Sites and then View As List, it would be really great to be able to add separate columns for latitude and longitude. It would be another easier option to tweak GPS positions for dive sites.