Can't download data from Leonardo to Mac

Problems ? Get help here!
dellacommons
Dive Computer: Leonardo

Can't download data from Leonardo to Mac

Post by dellacommons »

Hi guys,

Have just purchased the cressi interface, have installed MacDive but am unable to download the dive data. This is the error message I get:

Failed to read dive computer memory (Error Code: -7)

I think device is sitting in cradle correctly, cables seem good.. dive computer switched on and in PCLINK mode..

The only think I haven't done is remove the stupid cressi sw which I had installed initially which I can't get to work either. I emailed MacDive support person and they suggested removing it. I will do that the process is manual and is long.. just thought I would get some other suggestions first.

Any advice?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Can't download data from Leonardo to Mac

Post by nick »

I did not suggest removing it. I said "make sure it is not running at the same time", as in, make sure it is quit and not actively running. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

If it doesn't work with the Cressi software either then maybe it's not plugged in correctly. I'm not too sure. Last I checked you have to install a separate USB driver for the Cressi software. Did you do that? And if so, did you authorise it properly in System Preferences as it indicates to do? Perhaps it's only partially installed and causing an issue.

You can send me the log so I can take a look:

1. Open Console (Applications > Utilities > Console)
2. In Console, in the top of the left sidebar, make sure your Mac is selected
3. In Console, in the top right, search for "macdive" in the search box, without the quotes
4. In MacDive, try downloading
5. When it errors, go back to Console, select all of the text, and then copy/paste in to an email.

Thanks.
dellacommons

Post by dellacommons »

I am not sure why a separate driver would be needed since I thought MacDive supported a number of devices which I assumed meant it has it's own drivers? and in any case, I would assume with the Cressi install it would have loaded a driver when it installed the app, at least I can't see when I go to their website a way to just download the driver.. my laptop is fully charged via mains, and I even press down on the computer in the cradle to make sure it's physically connected and nothing.. i doubt the hardware is faulty but who knows.. it's all very frustrating and I will probably have to return the product if I can't get it working soon
dellacommons

Post by dellacommons »

I will try to send you the log thanks
dellacommons

Post by dellacommons »

Sorry I can't understand those log instructions.. when I search for macdive it returns nothing..
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

MacDive does not need a separate driver, that’s not what I said.

If it doesn’t work with the official Cressi software then I would check with their official support to ensure your hardware does not have an issue.