Question with Downloading Dives from Oceanic Atom 2

Problems ? Get help here!
daletu
Dive Computer: Oceanic Atom 2.0

Question with Downloading Dives from Oceanic Atom 2

Post by daletu »

Hi,

First of all, I want to thank you for making such a great program like this. I recently bought my Atom 2 computer and had hard time finding any dive log program that works with Mac. Finally I found your program and it works great! You save my life!! :D

However, I do have a question and I am not sure if this is Atom's problem or it's a bug from the program? I can only download one (the lastest) dive from my computer, then a window will pop up and say cannot read memory. I have my computer sampling rate set to 2 seconds, but it should be able to download 4-6 hours of dive logs according to my search on web. My local dive shop manager also uses Atom 2 computer and he said he can download 2 dives (at 2 secs sampling rate) on to his windows using Oceanic's program. Have you had anyone that have same problem? or you think its more likely Atom's problem?

Thanks,
Dale
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Question with Downloading Dives from Oceanic Atom 2

Post by nick »

daletu wrote:Hi,

First of all, I want to thank you for making such a great program like this. I recently bought my Atom 2 computer and had hard time finding any dive log program that works with Mac. Finally I found your program and it works great! You save my life!! :D
Well, thanks, though I'm sure you would have lived :)
However, I do have a question and I am not sure if this is Atom's problem or it's a bug from the program? I can only download one (the lastest) dive from my computer, then a window will pop up and say cannot read memory. I have my computer sampling rate set to 2 seconds, but it should be able to download 4-6 hours of dive logs according to my search on web. My local dive shop manager also uses Atom 2 computer and he said he can download 2 dives (at 2 secs sampling rate) on to his windows using Oceanic's program. Have you had anyone that have same problem? or you think its more likely Atom's problem?
I am going to go ahead and assume you have more than one dive on the device. And the error definitely indicates a problem. Could you possibly follow the instructions in the third post here:

http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14

But change everything "vyper2" to "atom2" ? The download, and all the commands etc. This is a slightly newer version of the download code. We'll see how that goes, and take it from there.

Cheers!
daletu
Dive Computer: Oceanic Atom 2.0

Post by daletu »

Thank you for the quick response. Yes. I have multiple dives on the computer already.

I've followed the instruction in the link in your previous post. At the end, it only created ATOM2.LOG file, but did not create ATOM2.DMP file as you described. I will go ahead and email the .LOG file to you.

Thanks!
Dale
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Cheers!

I'll check it out when I get home from work.