macOS: Is There a Way to Tag Critters from Slideshow?

Problems ? Get help here!
Bollar
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

macOS: Is There a Way to Tag Critters from Slideshow?

Post by Bollar »

Okay, all of the images are in the dives in the right places and now I'm tagging the critters.

There doesn't appear to be a way to tag when you're in the full-screen slideshow picture view. Is that possible?

In the meantime, I'm using either Coverflow view on Mac, or iPad to do this -- but fullscreen on Mac would be very good for me.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: macOS: Is There a Way to Tag Critters from Slideshow?

Post by nick »

No, sorry.

To elaborate slightly, this is all a standard Apple framework handling the images and I’m not sure that it has any support for doing anything complex.
Bollar

Post by Bollar »

Makes sense.

Do you have any flexibility on the Coverflow view? It seems to resize with the window up to a point, but on a big screen there's a lot of whitespace. If the images can fill that space, it might be good enough for my purposes.

(I don't know why I can't embed the image here, but here's an example.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/03ekkylo8931c ... w.png?dl=0
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Not much, no - it's also a built-in Apple thing. Enough to hack in the labels and a right click menu to allow tagging critters from there (if you weren't aware that was an option).

Definitely looks weird there. Are those the full resolution of the images and it's just not blowing them up? I've never noticed it being that spacious before. I'll take a peek after work.
Bollar

Post by Bollar »

Mmm

It's conceivable that the pictures are downrezzed enough that they wouldn't fill the screen at the resolution I uploaded to MacDive. If that's what's causing it and it's a Coverflow limitation, then I'll live with it. I'm just brainstorming ways I can get a workflow to tag critters on Mac, which is easier for me if I can get the pics large enough.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Just had a quick look. I also get a bunch of space, but double-clicking the image and viewing it seems to confirm to me that it's displaying full size. Portrait images take up more room as well, because I crop mine to fit in 1000x1000. So it appears that CoverFlow is just displaying them at a max of 1:1, which is cool. The "no images" placeholder takes up the amount of space you'd expect, as that's a large image.