Dives not importing completely from a file

Problems ? Get help here!
SilverShell
Dive Computer: Pro Plus 3

Dives not importing completely from a file

Post by SilverShell »

Hello - I just downloaded MacDive after using DiverLog for MAC for several years. Connecting my ProPlus 3 to the DiverLog has become a nightmare, and it connects fine with MacDive, so I'm happy about that. But, I'm having problems with getting my 149 dives from the DiverLog app into MacDive.

I exported my dives from DiverLog in a text file - my only other choice is .ZXU format, and I don't believe MacDive allows import of that format. When I imported my text file into MacDive, the basic data came across fine for my ProPlus 3 dives, but for dives that I entered manually (about 25 of them) none of the data came across. So I'm now left with having to re-enter that data manually into MacDive, on top of having to enter all my notes, comments, locations, dive buddies, gear, etc - none of that data came across in the text file for any of my dives.

Can you offer some suggestions for how to bring my missing (manually entered) dives into MacDive please. Also, is there any way to use the .ZXU format to import into MacDive - I believe that format contains more data from DiverLog than what comes across in the text file. I saw on another post that MacDive support offered a script to convert from another format - is there a script like that available for .ZXU format? I can run a script just fine - but don't have the time to figure out how to write one. Going on a diving trip next week and want to be able to download my dives when I return and have a neat looking dive log.

Thank you.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Dives not importing completely from a file

Post by nick »

The exports from DiverLog are awful, and contain very little info.

Please send me an email - I can do a one-off conversion of your DiverLog data in to a much easier format for you.