Bug? Images in Mac Desktop App

Problems ? Get help here!
jmorby
Dive Computer: Teric

Bug? Images in Mac Desktop App

Post by jmorby »

I've been scanning and adding my various certifications and working on importing all my dives to date into MacDive (which seems to be a painful and slow process, but that's another issue)

I've noticed that if I drag an image onto the card for a "certification" that the image doesn't appear ... I have to open the cert and then drag in the front and back images ... which is fine .. HOWEVER .. I've noticed that the certs were starting to appear on random dives as photos from the dive, despite having been carefully dropped onto the certification card / etc

I've been able to delete the images from within the iOS app ... but couldn't see any way of deleting them from the Desktop App ..

Smells like a null pointer bug ... maybe worth investigation?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Bug? Images in Mac Desktop App

Post by nick »

The cause of them appearing on dives is most likely that you're dragging them somewhere that they don't get accepted, so it's defaulting through to the selected dive. That can be fixed so it is less confusing. The randomness would just be the current selection on the dives screen.

To delete certifications you can select them in the certification inspector and press delete on your keyboard.
jmorby

Post by jmorby »

nick wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:32 am The cause of them appearing on dives is most likely that you're dragging them somewhere that they don't get accepted, so it's defaulting through to the selected dive. That can be fixed so it is less confusing. The randomness would just be the current selection on the dives screen.

To delete certifications you can select them in the certification inspector and press delete on your keyboard.
I've also found images from dives appearing in random places, and if I delete the images from the dive (dive 8 in this case) then the dive they're actually meant to be linked to (the last dive in the log) suddenly appears (with no images) and dive 8 seems to be deleted ... then another dive shows up with broken image links. I had a map of Marathonissi (Greece) (Dive 81) and another random critter picture (I presume?) appear on dive 8 (Kisiti, Kenya)

There definitely seems to be some sort of issue with image links / references in the back end :(
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

There definitely seems to be some sort of issue with image links / references in the back end :(
I don't believe there is, based on my understanding of how the backend actually works. I don't want to sound rude, but I would chalk this up to user error unless you can give me a set of steps that reliably reproduce the issues you are describing.

The one suggestion I have which may help with a deleted dive re-appearing would be to reset your cloud data:

http://mac-dive.com/help/mac_04_02_reset.php

But I do not see a scenario in which images would become "linked" to a different entity of the same class, let alone of a different class.

Thanks.
MacDive Support
jmorby

Post by jmorby »

I’ll put together some screencap videos showing the bugs / problems

They’re definitely there ... one or two might be user experience / errors, but at least one seems to definitely be a bug imho