Does MacDive still show when no-deco limits are exceeded?

Problems ? Get help here!
Kaojai
Dive Computer: Mares Nemo Wide 2

Does MacDive still show when no-deco limits are exceeded?

Post by Kaojai »

It's been about a year since I used MacDive and I see it has gotten a GUI update. Looks good! Just one question. I have been known, on rare occasion and despite my best efforts, to exceed no-deco limits and go into deco mode while recreational diving. I know, I know, not smart, but when it happens, I just deal with it, follow my Mares Nemo Wide 2 instructions, do my deco stops and everything is fine. My question has to do with MacDive and these types of dives. I could have sworn that, before the GUI update, there was a way of designating that a dive exceeded no-deco limits. Maybe a checkbox? Or maybe the software determined it from the Mares computer itself and updated the GUI automatically, showing on the depth graph when I went into deco? I can't remember exactly, but I could swear there was something that showed a dive exceeded no-deco limits and I don't see anything in the GUI to show that now. Am I just missing it? If so, can you tell me where it is?
Thanks,
Kaojai
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Does MacDive still show when no-deco limits are exceeded

Post by nick »

Under the gas tab in the dive inspector there is a "decompression dive" checkbox, which is checked automatically if it can be determined from the device. It will also show you the NDT and deco status as overlays/graphics on the profile, if your computer records that information.

From memory yours doesn't track the specific deco details, but may track whether you entered deco or not. I'd need to double-check this later tonight when I'm home from work.
Kaojai

Post by Kaojai »

OK, that explains it. I went back to the deco dive downloaded from my Nemo Wide 2 and saw the check box wasn't checked so I checked it, but I see no corresponding visual cue on the dive profile. I was surprised by this because I looked back at a profile of a dive I did wearing the Puck where I went into deco and I see that the profile does have a green icon showing when that occurred. It surprises me that the Nemo Wide 2 actually has less information than the Puck, at least when it comes to deco status. Could you verify this when you get a chance? Thank you for the fast response. I have been using MacDive for years and really appreciate your work. As a sw engineer myself, I understand the effort involved with maintenance.
Thanks,
Kaojai
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Just double checked and I'm not aware of it being available for the Nemo Wide 2, sorry.
Kaojai

Post by Kaojai »

Thanks for checking. Not a big deal. I found a workaround. I just added a bookmark to the dive profile at the approximate place where I went into deco. Works for me.
Cheers,
Kaojai