Can’t import from either of my two Cobalt 2’s.

Problems ? Get help here!
jerbee02

Can’t import from either of my two Cobalt 2’s.

Post by jerbee02 »

I have two Atomic Cobalt 2’s, neither of which will import into MacDive. They both have full batteries and the latest firmware, and my MD version is 2.10.13.

From the Covalt screen, I go to “settings > system information > USB”. Then it has directions to start the MD program, which I do using Atomic > Cobalt 2 > All Dives. It then says “beginning import” but nothing happens. On the cobalt screen it still shows the 5 step instructions - one of which is “4. Press SELECT to start”. I press select on the cobalt but nothing happens. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but since the issue presents on two different Cobalt 2’s, I don’t think it’s on my end.

Any advice?
Last edited by jerbee02 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Can’t import from either of my two Cobalt 2’s.

Post by nick »

Hi,

What firmware version are you running on them?

The most common problem is not pressing SELECT a second time (as per the instructions on-screen), which you have to do. I normally do that before initiating the download in MacDive. You have to press it a second time, even though it looks like nothing happens. The other common problem is plugging the connection in backwards - the USB plug side must be closest to the Cobalt.

If you've been trying for a while and mucking around, quit and restart MacDive, and unplug the Cobalt and plug it back in.

Thanks.
jerbee02

Post by jerbee02 »

Both are running 2.490/4. I’m attaching via the USB side (which has an extra plug compared to the power side, which allows for data transfer). After entering USB mode, I hit select again (and I’ve hit select a few extra times during some of the attempts, all to no avail).

I’ve tried “select” to upload before opening MD, after opening MD, and after opening MD and after attempting to import from the MD interface, none of which have worked. I’ve also restarted the MacBook Air, but this doesn’t help either.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Try another USB cable. I once went through 3 different cables before one actually worked.
jerbee02

Post by jerbee02 »

That’s actually really a good idea… Since it was able to carry power I assumed it would handle data, but that might not be the case… Looks like I’ll need to go into town to find a vendor selling phone cables at some point tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted, thanks!
jerbee02

Post by jerbee02 »

Just wanted to let you know that switching to a new cable did the trick, and I was able to import dives without any problems.