MacBook Pro Computer Fail

Problems ? Get help here!
peewee7
Dive Computer: Suunto D4i

MacBook Pro Computer Fail

Post by peewee7 »

My MacBook failed some weeks ago and went away for repair, the issues were sorted and a new hard drive installed. My old hard drive was returned to me in a caddy as there weren't any issues with it so I can use it as an external drive. The issue I have is when my computer went down all my dive logs seem to have gone the same way... Ive plugged the hard drive into the USB and have located MacDive but when I open it there seems to be nothing in it!! I was hoping to transfer my dive data from the external hard drive to my laptop hard drive... Any ideas?

Forgot to mention that Ive also got the App on my mobile with all the dive data and profiles...
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: MacBook Pro Computer Fail

Post by nick »

Hi,

The FAQ has help on moving your data. This covers both syncing from the cloud, and how to manually find your data, eg on an external backup:

http://mac-dive.com/help/faq_01_07_move.php

If it's on mobile, presumably you can just sync again on the mac.
peewee7
Dive Computer: Suunto D4i

Post by peewee7 »

Ive followed the steps via the link but still cant sync! I've carried out a sync of MacDive from my iPhone 8 to iCloud on my MacBook I then open the newly down loaded MacDive on my MacBook but when I click the sync button it says I need to purchase the licence?...

I purchased MacDive ages ago and all was fine until my hard drive was replaced...

Any more suggestions would be much appreciated

Best regards

Peewee7
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Syncing requires a license, so you will need to install your license.

Cheers