USB error - Aqua Lung i770R

Problems ? Get help here!
aquaticnirvanadiving
Dive Computer: Perdix / i770r

USB error - Aqua Lung i770R

Post by aquaticnirvanadiving »

Just noticed that the new update was available that allows connection with Aqua Lung i770. Downloaded update and attempted to contact to my device.
1. Attempt one with BT. Quickly learned that the i770 only communicates with Aqua Lung's proprietary iOS app via BT.

2. Attempt two using usb cable. Macdive will not sync to device. Error message received is "Failed connecting to dive computer on serial port '/dev/tty.usbserial-DO2XLWIA' (Error Code: -5)"

3. Attempt three using USB. Switched USB ports and tried again to download. Error message received is "MacDive encountered a problem downloading from your Aqualung i770r: Failed to open the device."

Any assistance that can be provided so I can hook this damn thing up would be appreciated.

Matt Lewis
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: USB error - Aqua Lung i770R

Post by nick »

Hello.

I have heard reports that the USB connection is unreliable. I can look at adding Bluetooth support instead. Please email support, and I will look in to this when I get a chance (probably next week).

Thanks.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: USB error - Aqua Lung i770R

Post by nick »

Sorry for the delay. I have a beta available for macOS with Bluetooth support for the i770R now, and I will have a beta available for iOS later today.

If you (or anyone else) want to try either, just drop me an email.