Partially corrupted Dive from Computer

Problems ? Get help here!
higgalls
Dive Computer: Suunto d6i

Partially corrupted Dive from Computer

Post by higgalls »

Hey,

New to this board, and also new to Macdive, but loving it so far.

I have imported a stack of dives from my dive computer (Suunto D6i), and that all went well, however a dive I did early this morning didn't quite import properly.

Basically, it was a dive where I was diving with 2 tanks (12.2L standard tank with transmitter, and 7L stage/pony tank without transmitter). I used my main tank till I got down to 50bar, then switched to the 7L tank till it was almost empty, and then swapped back right at the end to my main tank for the last couple of minutes.

When I import my dive into the Suunto DM5 software, it shows the 2 tanks correctly, and no missing data. When I import the dive into Macdive directly from my dive computer, it sees that there are 2 tanks being used, but for the whole of the 2nd tank time, the data is crazy (going to max depth of around 430m, and temps ranging from 118oC to -93oC etc).

If I export the dive from DM5 to SDE format, and import into MacDive, it imports correctly but only as 1 tank (but no crazy data from what I could see).

Any idea what is happening when I import directly from my dive computer? Every other import has gone fine (although this is the first time I used 2 tanks).

Images from both MacDive and DM5 for comparison:
MacDive - http://higgalls.com/dive/dive-macdive.jpg
MD5 - http://higgalls.com/dive/dive-dm5.jpg

Thanks.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Partially corrupted Dive from Computer

Post by nick »

I believe it’s a bug from the last D6i firmware update. It’s fixed in the latest beta of MacDive - drop me an email and I will send it to you.

Then just delete the dive and import with the beta version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
higgalls
Dive Computer: Suunto d6i

Post by higgalls »

Awesome. Thanks. Just sent you an email.

Just a quick question - there are some training dives that I want to delete from MacDive (I don't have them with a dive number, but want to remove them from the stats). Now my concern is if I delete them, they will reimport when I reimport the last dive. Is there a way to delete some dives and mark them to never reimport again, or exclude them completely from all stats?

They are dive such as my stress & rescue course, where we might only be underwater for a couple of minutes.

Thanks.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Not currently.

Next time you do a real dive, delete them. And then they will be older than that and not be imported again.