Average Depth with Garmin Descent Mk1

Problems ? Get help here!
ATJ
Dive Computer: Garmin Descent Mk1

Average Depth with Garmin Descent Mk1

Post by ATJ »

I sent this as an email a few months but never got a response.

One thing I have noticed with the Garmin Descent Mk1 dives in MacDive is the average depth is out.

Are you pulling the average depth from the FIT file or calculating it? If you are calculating it, are you just adding up the all the depths in the samples and dividing by the number of samples? If so, this doesn’t take into account that the sample interval is variable, i.e. it is not every second.

For example, on one of my dives MacDive says the average depth is 14.43m. Garmin Connect says it was 14m. I also had my Perdix on the dive which says it was 14m. If I export the XML from MacDive and import into Subsurface it says 13.9m. If I calculate it manually, taking the missing samples into consideration I get 13.8.

Pretty much all my Garmin Descent Mk1 average depths are out. It also messes up SAC.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Average Depth with Garmin Descent Mk1

Post by nick »

Sorry for the inconvenience. I get a lot of email, and sometimes I miss things. A gentle email reminder is sufficient.

I will look in to your issue.

Thanks.
MacDive Support
ATJ
Dive Computer: Garmin Descent Mk1

Re: Average Depth with Garmin Descent Mk1

Post by ATJ »

nick wrote:Sorry for the inconvenience. I get a lot of email, and sometimes I miss things. A gentle email reminder is sufficient.
Sorry... I didn't mean it that way. I meant that you may have seen it already and were working on it but I just want to make sure it was on the list.