Lost Notes v2.9.4 and earlier

Problems ? Get help here!
egon
Dive Computer: Suunto, Oceanic

Lost Notes v2.9.4 and earlier

Post by egon »

I often use the notes area for a narrative of the dive at the end of the diving day.

I noticed this year, when looking over dive notes for sites last year, that most of my notes are gone. I noticed this happen a couple of times this year as well. Sometimes closing the information window for a dive doesn't save the notes.

I've definitely noticed this behavior when clicking on the window close button, and have not yet verified on ctrl-w for window close. It's not every time, so it's inconsistent.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Lost Notes v2.9.4 and earlier

Post by nick »

There was a bug in older versions that could cause this to happen in certain situations, but as far as I know it's fixed.

If you can provide me a way to reproduce the problem reliably, in the current release, then I can look in to it further.
egon
Dive Computer: Suunto, Oceanic

Post by egon »

It appears to happen with syncing.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open notes to a dive. Type a word or two.
2. Start sync. In my log, it takes 5-6 seconds.
3. While the sync has started, type some more words.
4. When the sync ends, the additional notes will be gone.

It seems like the manual sync also closes the dive info you're in, but the periodic sync doesn't seem to do the same thing.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Hmm, I thought I'd fixed that. In part, it's supposed to yield focus in order to commit the change before a sync happens. I'll have another look.

Thanks for the repro though, makes it easier to find an angle.