iOS doesn't sync anymore with Mac

Problems ? Get help here!
weppos
Dive Computer: Perdix, Petrel

iOS doesn't sync anymore with Mac

Post by weppos »

I sync my Mac and iOS via Dropbox.

The sync generally works well. Lately I started to have issues every once in a while. Generally they were caused by minor issues I was able to debug. Sadly, the error reporting around sync errors is lacking details. One time I was via VPN and apparently iOS refused to connect to Dropbox. Another time was the issue I reported with case sensitivity.

Anyways, long story short, I've been trying to understand what's going on this time but with no luck. I've tried most common things (such as create a site or dive to force a refresh), turned on/off sync.
But nothing. I have several changes I made on Mac and I can't get them to iOS. To be honest, I'm not even sure if it's the Mac not pushing the updates to Dropbox, or iOS not loading them. It seems to be the first case, but I have no idea.

Is there a sync log I can read to try to understand the issue? Any hint?

I know my reporting is quite vague this time, but I have literally no error to provide, nor details. In both cases the sync process completes successfully, but the data doesn't sync.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: iOS doesn't sync anymore with Mac

Post by nick »

Reset the sync:

1. Disable syncing on all devices but one
2. On that, choose Reset Sync instead
3. Wait 20-30 minutes
4. Re-enable on one device
5. Wait 10 minutes
6. Re-enable on next device, etc

Thanks.
weppos

Post by weppos »

Thanks for the swift response Nick.

Any preference on which one I should keep on? Perhaps the one with the majority of changes?
Sadly I believe I made changes on both, but the Mac should be the one with most changes. Should I keep that (hence use it for reset) and disable the other? Or it doesn't matter?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Up to you.
weppos

Post by weppos »

Sadly, it didn't work :(

I still have the exact same info in Mac OS that are not synced in iOS. :(
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Make sure you are not logged in to different Dropbox accounts, which would cause this kind of issue.

Otherwise, the best thing to do would be to repeat the previous instructions, but after disabling on the iPhone delete the app entirely, and then later, reinstall it. That will ensure it has no data and syncs down a clean copy from the Mac.

Thanks
weppos

Post by weppos »

Before going that route (that would have caused me to lose the changes I made on the iPhone), I retried but this time I confirmed to delete also the images (before I selected NO).
It looks like this time it worked and caused the whole data to be re-synced.