Resync Gear Information

Problems ? Get help here!
daniel_m
Dive Computer: Suunto D9

Resync Gear Information

Post by daniel_m »

I have finally managed to convert my AquaDiveLog records to UDDF.
After importing around 200 dives I had to manually create the dive computers to assign them to imported dives.
The diver also had to be assigned to all the dives manually.

My current computer shows the number of dives in Gear section, but all the manuals created computers don't.
During the import an unknown computer was created and all dives where assigned to this computer.

Is there a way to tell MacDive to update the gear statistics?

Regards,
Daniel
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Resync Gear Information

Post by nick »

The gear statistics are based off the dives that those bits of gear have been added to. So for the statistics to be updated (or rather, for them to be correct) you need to add those bits of gear to dives.

If you have bits of gear/computers that show no dives, then it means they haven't actually been added to dives. So that's the answer to your problem: add them! (See the Gear tab in the Dive Inspector).

Hopefully that helps.

As far as assigning a diver manually, if it's only you then this is of course very simple, it's just a case of selecting all the dives at once and changing it, so at least that is very quick. Depending on your number of different computers, I'd hope it was just a case of selecting a big chunk of dives and assigning the computers quickly. But perhaps you have a lot of different divers/computers/etc and it's not that simple.
daniel_m
Dive Computer: Suunto D9

Post by daniel_m »

Hi Nick,
Thanks for pointing me to the Gear Tab. As I found a computer Textbox on the General Tab I didn't look any further to assign the computer and only entered the manufacturer/name of the computer I had created. I have now assign the computers to the dives and the stats are fine.

About the Diver assignment I just wanted to mention that this was missing from the Import. The UDDF spec contains the owner section which could be used to create a new diver, if first name, last name and birthdate are not matching one of the current divers.

My adl2uddf converter is currently processing most of the information from adl, with some hacks to create MacDive specific locations. But this is all I needed so far...

I can send you the imported uddf file if you want to have a look....

Thanks for making this great app...
Daniel
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Glad to hear you have it sorted.

The computer name in the table/inspector is somewhat legacy, and next time I update the database will be changed.

As for the diver, feel free to email me a file. My memory is that some apps output random things as the diver so you can end up with bogus data. But I’ll double check.