Unable to Download Dives beyond (before) a "blank" entry

Problems ? Get help here!
FlaParrotHead
Dive Computer: Shearwater Terec

Unable to Download Dives beyond (before) a "blank" entry

Post by FlaParrotHead »

My wife and I both use Atomic Cobalt2s and recently returned from a trip of multiple dives over a 14day period. For some reason we both have an entry on our Cobalts that have date and time stamps but no Dive Time/Max Depth (these only show ----/----. We are unable to select the dives from the summary screen and MacDive appears to stop downloading as soon as the s/w gets to these particular dives.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Unable to Download Dives beyond (before) a "blank" entry

Post by nick »

To be honest it sounds like an issue you should contact Atomic about. If there are issues displaying the dive on the Cobalt itself then it's not surprising it struggles to download.

I will contact them and ask if they have run in to this before. It's possible MacDive could detect this and skip the dive, though I would say that is the best case outcome.

What you could do is open your Console (Applications > Utilities > Console), filter for "macdive" without the quotes, and copy/paste everything to me in an email (in an email please, not here). If there is some kind of exception I may be able to get it to move on to the next dive.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Unable to Download Dives beyond (before) a "blank" entry

Post by nick »

Ok - per Atomic, this is actually expected in certain cases (the dive not ending properly, possibly due to low battery or a leak). I can fix MacDive to handle this.

If you could send me the info I asked for that would help.