Cloud synching fails on iOS version. How to re-enable?

Problems ? Get help here!
mikemike
Dive Computer: TDC-3

Cloud synching fails on iOS version. How to re-enable?

Post by mikemike »

Hi,

My two computers and two iOS devices recently all stopped syncing (perhaps after a recent update? I haven't dove -- or used MacDive --in a few months, so I can't pinpoint exactly when this started).

On the computers, MacDive redirected me to a web browser to re-login to DropBox, which resolved the problem. On the iOS devices, there was no redirection, and I'm still just seeing a sync failure. Specifically: in the "Cloud Sync" section of the app, I'm seeing a red circle with an X and the words "Sync failed, retry later". (Hitting "sync now" results in an too-brief-to-see flip to another screen then back to "Sync failed".)

How should I recover from this situation? I want to be sure not to have any issues with either (a) accidental deletion/reset of the data stored in the cloud or (b) something that might generate, e.g., duplicates of each dive... so I've been hesitant to hit the only available commands in the mobile app's cloud sync settings section ("reset cloud" or "revoke dropbox permissions")...

Thanks!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Cloud synching fails on iOS version. How to re-enable?

Post by nick »

Disable and then re-enable.