Unable to download dives

Problems ? Get help here!
marillionnut
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper 2

Unable to download dives

Post by marillionnut »

Hi,

I'm having a problem downloading dives from my Suunto Vyper. Previously I've had no issues with this computer, last import was June last year (I switched to a D9 after that but used the Vyper a couple of days ago as the battery needs replacing in the D9). I'm getting error "Failed to read header information (Error Code: -7)"

I've connected and downloaded successfully to DM5 and battery is good.

I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.5

Many thanks,
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Unable to download dives

Post by nick »

Make sure DM5 is not running at the same time (reboot to be sure) and make sure you are in Pc transfer mode.

Nothing has changed in MacDive so it's likely just the above or a bad connection.

Thanks
marillionnut
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper 2

Post by marillionnut »

Hi,

I've hit a similar problem again with connecting my Vyper to my Mac to download my dives - it was working in the summer and now i get this error message.

Failed connecting to dive computer on serial port '/dev/tty.Ark-SerialPort' (Error Code: -5)

The Suunto programme is not running (although when i have run it, it connects and downloads the dives...); i have update the serial port driver as recommended to another forum user (FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_4_2).

Any suggestions please? I've been so happy with this app since getting it a couple of years back but I'm getting frustrated in not being able to use as previous and not finding a solution to the issue.

Many thanks,

Martin
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

That is the wrong serial port.

Usually I would point out how to fix this. But I am in the middle of some improvements in this area, and it would be better if you emailed support to try out a new beta version instead.