Aqualung i750 connection failure

Problems ? Get help here!
nicebeevor
Dive Computer: Aqualung i750TC

Aqualung i750 connection failure

Post by nicebeevor »

Hi there,

I'm trying to download from my new Aqualung 750 for the first time. I am using MacDive 2.8.2 and have installed the VCP driver 2.4.2 for Mac.

When I try to download, I get the following error message:
"Failed connecting to dive computer on serial port '/dev/tty.X-POP-SerialPort' (Error Code: -5)"
Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uuhlvnvoiz12d ... 7.png?dl=0

Do you have a solution, please?

Regards,
Justin
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Aqualung i750 connection failure

Post by nick »

That's the wrong serial port. You want /dev/tty.usbserial-2003001.

Most likely you just need to reboot after having installed the driver, and it should automatically find the right one.
nicebeevor

Post by nicebeevor »

Thanks - but I tried that and the same error message appears. :(
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Try reinstalling and rebooting then. If you're not seeing the correct port, then it means that either the USB driver is not installed or your device is not plugged in to the computer.

You can also double check in preferences > advanced whether the port is available, but it should get autodetected for your device so that shouldn't be necessary.
nicebeevor

Post by nicebeevor »

Thanks again. I thought I'd found the problem, which was to turn off the DC's bluetooth function. It then made the connection to MacDive on my MacBook, but only imported the eight most recent dives out of the 20 that are stored on it. I tried to restart the download, but this time I got Error Code -8. I have tried removing all bluetooth information on the MacBook, and reinstalled the VCP driver, restarted the MacBook but it makes no difference: the download stopped after the same eight dives.

Any other ideas?

I have to admit that I'm not that happy with the Aqualung - its display is just too dim in bright light. But I do love MacDive, it's so much better than other e-logs (including the PPS DiverLog). Is there anyway to sync the DiverLg entries over to MacDive? And how are you getting on with your Perdix?
nicebeevor

Post by nicebeevor »

OK, I've got the answer to that one too now: http://www.mac-dive.com/help/faq_01_03_missing.php
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

nicebeevor wrote:Thanks again. I thought I'd found the problem, which was to turn off the DC's bluetooth function. It then made the connection to MacDive on my MacBook, but only imported the eight most recent dives out of the 20 that are stored on it.
You've found what is one of the common issues here already.. if it didn't error, it's possible there are only 8 dives available to download. Depends on the duration, sample size, etc.
I tried to restart the download, but this time I got Error Code -8.
That would most likely just be intermittent. This is normally a relatively reliable device to download. Maybe the cable was knocked or some such.
I have to admit that I'm not that happy with the Aqualung - its display is just too dim in bright light. But I do love MacDive, it's so much better than other e-logs (including the PPS DiverLog). Is there anyway to sync the DiverLg entries over to MacDive? And how are you getting on with your Perdix?
I have heard that before.

You can manually export TXT files from DiverLog that will load, but not with all of the info (there is only a little bit available in them). I can do a one-off conversion of the database for you, but I will only do this once because it's very manual and tedious and I have beer to drink.

The Perdix is awesome.
nicebeevor

Post by nicebeevor »

Beer is important! So I'm going to try to move the missing dives from DiverLog myself. Thanks for your help, and good to hear about the Perdix - I was tempted by it when I bought the Aqualung (to replace my Seabear, which I had to return to the manufacturer following software problems), but was persuaded on price - my fault.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I don't mind doing it once. If you email me the Diver Log file I'll do it right now.