Air pressure data disappears

Problems ? Get help here!
BarryInkpen
Dive Computer: Shearwater

Air pressure data disappears

Post by BarryInkpen »

Hi Folks; I've been using MacDive for years and it is excellent and I am very happy with it. Recently I did come across an odd issue. The scenario is that you have selected a default tank in the gas section. You do a dive and then upload the dive to your Mac. So far so good. You've used an air integrated dive computer so you have your air data in the dive log. Now you review the dive on your Mac and see you actually used a different tank than the default so you select the correct tank. Your air pressure data now disappears and I haven't been able to get it back. Of course you can delete the dive and do another upload with the correct tank selected. This is a non-ssue for me now that I know it exists, but I thought I'd pass it on for your entertainment.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Air pressure data disappears

Post by nick »

Hi,

I can't explain this. The air pressure information itself is completely disconnected from the tank that is selected.

The only related piece of information is the RMV which is calculated on the fly. It's possible you could have had an invalid working pressure and/or tank size, resulting in a bogus or missing RMV, but re-uploading would have no effect on that.

If you can reproduce your issue with your existing data, please send me your database (Tools > Send Database) along with explicit instructions on exactly what you are doing (which dive, which tanks, what order you do things, etc) so that I can have a look.