Problem Syncing Tusa IQ950

Problems ? Get help here!
SucbaPeeDee
Dive Computer: Tusa IQ 950

Problem Syncing Tusa IQ950

Post by SucbaPeeDee »

Hello,
I have a Mac running OSX 10.11.6 (el Capitan). I purchased MacDive (v 2.8.1) and followed the directions to install the drivers and virtual serial port. When I try to Download Dives, I receive the following error:

MacDive encountered a problem downloading from your Tusa IQ950 (Zen Air):

Failed connecting to dive computer on serial port '/dev/tty.usbserial-20030001' (Error Code: -7)

When I try the other port, I receive the same error but for the other port:

MacDive encountered a problem downloading from your Tusa IQ950 (Zen Air):

Failed connecting to dive computer on serial port '/dev/tty.serial1' (Error Code: -7)

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Problem Syncing Tusa IQ950

Post by nick »

usbserial-20030001 is the correct port.

Failed to connect is most likely either the cable is plugged in upside down or you have a low battery. If there's anything else open and using it, that could cause the connection to fail also.
SucbaPeeDee

Post by SucbaPeeDee »

The dive computer switches to PC mode and when I try other dive log programs, it can download the dives. When I try to download dives in Mac-Dive it doesn't work. I can use other programs, but I don't want to use other programs. I've tried everything I can think of and now I'm thinking I spent money on a program I can't use. :cry:
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

The device is well supported, so the issue is on your end with the connection.

Make sure you do not have any other apps running that may interfere This, along with low battery/a bad connection are the common causes. The simplest thing to do is ensure you have cleared out your preference under advanced, where you chose the wrong one, and then reboot.

Thanks.
SucbaPeeDee

Post by SucbaPeeDee »

I've tried everything. The Dive computer has a good battery and there are no other programs running. If you say it's on my end, I believe you but that does not actually fix the problem. I can connect to other programs and download the dive data. When it comes to Mac-Dive, it does not work. At this point, I'll believe others who say you have a good program but to me, I lost good money buying it.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Can you please try:

Tools > Send Diagnostic Info

Choose "atom2" as the device type. Follow the instructions and click Email when it is complete.

Thank You.
MacDive Support
SucbaPeeDee

Post by SucbaPeeDee »

Email Sent. It also looks like each time I restart the program, it defaults back to: /dev/tty.serial1
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

It should not default to anything. You should clear the field out so that MacDive can guess the correct port, which it will do for your device (provided it exists).

Either that, or select /dev/tty.usbserial-2003001 which is the port you want. What is the error indicating? Is it using the correct port?

edit: I just realised you are the person that emailed me a random log. Sorry, I get a lot of email, I didn't make the connection immediately.