Gear Export

Problems ? Get help here!
thatguyfromtheboat
Dive Computer: Perdix

Gear Export

Post by thatguyfromtheboat »

I have been trying to export my gear list and open it in excel. Every time I open it the data only populates a single column and multiple rows, so there is no real way to separate the data. I'm using Excel for Mac V.15.20. Is this a bug? Is there a better program? Do I need to do a conversion first? Has anyone had the same or similar problem?

-Chris
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Gear Export

Post by nick »

Please send me your MacDive.sqlite data file and I will take a look.

Preferences > General > Show MacDive Folder in Finder, drag/drop MacDive.sqlite in to an email.
thatguyfromtheboat
Dive Computer: Perdix

Re: Gear Export

Post by thatguyfromtheboat »

nick wrote:Please send me your MacDive.sqlite data file and I will take a look.

Preferences > General > Show MacDive Folder in Finder, drag/drop MacDive.sqlite in to an email.
I was actually able to figure it out shortly after I posted. I just had to play with it a little bit. Seems I had to select "import" from Excel and bring it in that way, instead of opening it directly. Once I imported the .CSV I was able to tell it what to do and for the most part it all came in the way it's supposed to. There are some rouge quotes ("), but I was able to get most of them by doing a "find" & "replace" command. I did learn that if there is a comma (,) in any of my gear descriptions it enters data in the wrong place, so I'm going through and replacing all the commas now. I think if you used a semi-colon (;) as a separator, it might export a little more efficiently. Thanks for the prompt response