MacDrive encountered a problem downloading from the Oceanic.

Problems ? Get help here!
gaits
Dive Computer: oceanic GEO 2.0

MacDrive encountered a problem downloading from the Oceanic.

Post by gaits »

Anybody know why i am now getting the following error when trying to connect my computer to the imac.
thanks
-----
MacDrive encountered a problem downloading from the Oceanic GEO 2.0:
Failed connecting to drive computer on serial port '/dev/tty.usbserial-20030001' (Error Code: -7)
-----
Screen shot attached
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: MacDrive encountered a problem downloading from the Ocea

Post by nick »

The most likely reasons would be either low battery, something else is trying to talk to the device and preventing MacDive from accessing it, or the cable is not attached properly. My own GEO 2 can be a little tricky to attach correctly. Sometimes clipping/unclipping and trying a few times is the best fix.

Most likely it's the cable, but those are the main reasons for this particular error.
gaits
Dive Computer: oceanic GEO 2.0

Re: MacDrive encountered a problem downloading from the Ocea

Post by gaits »

nick wrote:The most likely reasons would be either low battery, something else is trying to talk to the device and preventing MacDive from accessing it, or the cable is not attached properly. My own GEO 2 can be a little tricky to attach correctly. Sometimes clipping/unclipping and trying a few times is the best fix.

Most likely it's the cable, but those are the main reasons for this particular error.

CHANGING THE BATTERY WORKED FOR THIS PROBLEM.

I have since inherited another issue, i dont know if they are related so here is the link.
http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2182