ScubaPro M2

Problems ? Get help here!
DiverDan
Dive Computer: OCi

ScubaPro M2

Post by DiverDan »

Is there any hope from ScubaPro to work with MacDive?
Had an OCi and got a M2, had no idea they lock everyone out of their products.
I tried ScubaPro LogTRAK and saying bad would be an insult to the word bad.
They don't even let you export dives an any form but their's.

Let me know if there is ever any hope.

Thanks
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Re: ScubaPro M2

Post by TnT »

The newer Uwatec/Scubapro dive computers (e.g. Meridian, Mantis and Chromis) are no longer using IrDA communication, but standard usb-serial communication. That means compatibility with Mac OS X is no longer problematic. I suspect the Scubapro M2 (Mantis 2) is also on that list. So technically it's certainly possible to support them in Macdive.

Anyway, in order to support the M2, the first step will be to add support to libdivecomputer. For that you need to download the dctool command-line application, and execute it with the following options:

Code: Select all

chmod +x dctool
./dctool -v -l meridian.log -f meridian dump -o meridian.bin /dev/tty.something
where you replace /dev/tty.something with the correct serial port. Email me the meridian.log and meridian.bin files.

If you need more assistance to run a command-line application, just ask. There is also more detailed info in the how to report dive computer download problems topic.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
jwwphoto
Dive Computer: Oceanic Veo 3.0

Post by jwwphoto »

I too have upgraded to the Galileo G2 and I am hoping I can keep using Mac Dive if they can catch up. I am clueless to what this DCTOOL is and why I need to do this? I am sorry but I am simple guy trying not to lose 75 dives in MacDive Logging software and resort to a note pad for logging.

Jeff W Waldrop :oops:
JamworkS
Dive Computer: Cressi Leonardo

Post by JamworkS »

jwwphoto wrote:I too have upgraded to the Galileo G2 and I am hoping I can keep using Mac Dive if they can catch up. I am clueless to what this DCTOOL is and why I need to do this? I am sorry but I am simple guy trying not to lose 75 dives in MacDive Logging software and resort to a note pad for logging.

Jeff W Waldrop :oops:
I'm planning in buying a new ScubaPro dive computer, so I'll be great if you can eventually get formal support for these computers.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I'm looking in to the G2.