Oceanic ProPlus 3 download issues

Problems ? Get help here!
DaveH2O
Dive Computer: Pro Plus 3, Atom 3.1

Oceanic ProPlus 3 download issues

Post by DaveH2O »

Ever since I updated MacDive on my iMac I've been unable to download from my Oceanic ProPlus 3. I get an error message stating that there was a problem with the download and that the program could not detect a valid serial port. I tried to refresh the serial ports through the Advanced tab in Preferences and I get no new port to add or select. Any suggestions?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Oceanic ProPlus 3 download issues

Post by nick »

Hi there,

You need to install the USB driver: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm.

Install that and then reboot.

Cheers
DaveH2O
Dive Computer: Pro Plus 3, Atom 3.1

Post by DaveH2O »

I installed the driver and restarted my computer as directed. I then initiated the PC download sequence using the previously used USB port, without success. I moved the ProPlus 3 connection cable through all of my USB ports and it finally recognized my dive computer and downloaded from the 4th port tried (the other 3 ports gave me the same error message as before). I went to preferences again and attempted to refresh the ports and I still received the same message that no serial ports we're detected (which I find to be curious as it downloaded from at least one of the USB ports). In any event, it worked with one USB port so I'm up and running for the time being. Thanks
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

That's a bit weird, but glad you got it sorted.