Sync across multiple devices

Problems ? Get help here!
KCM
Dive Computer: Cressi

Sync across multiple devices

Post by KCM »

I have 2 devices I need to sync to the database. One device is properly synced, but the second phone has its own drop box account, different from the one created by mac-dive. How do I tell the app to use a different drop box account when syncing on the second device?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Sync across multiple devices

Post by nick »

You should be able to just sign in to a different Dropbox account when you authenticate, either on Desktop or iPhone. It doesn't have to be the main Dropbox account on your Desktop, for example - but the accounts of course have to match between devices.
KCM

Post by KCM »

I logged out of the dropbox account associated with the phone and logged into the one that has the mac-dive info. Still it will not sync. Is there another place where I will need to purge or change a setting?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

The other thing you can do is go to preferences on the desktop and "revoke Dropbox authentication". Which will force log the desktop out of whatever account you signed it in to.

As above, that setting is independent of the Dropbox account on your computer. You can also go to Dropbox, log in to your account(s) on the website, and revoke any applications (so MacDive) that are associated with the account.

I'm not really clear on what is going on here as far as your accounts go, sorry. Perhaps you should log in to all of your Dropbox accounts via the web, revoke access, and then start over and ensure you log in to the same Dropbox account on each.
KCM

Post by KCM »

If I revoke desktop access will my data that exists on my desktop and phone resync when I add drop box back in? I don't want to lose my data.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

No data will be lost.