Mares HD Icon - hide factory "dives"

Problems ? Get help here!
Taniwha
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

Mares HD Icon - hide factory "dives"

Post by Taniwha »

I just got a Mares HD Icon with air integration - so far loving it.

One negative, however, is that it comes preloaded with two "dives" which I presume are factory test dives in a pressure chamber. They cannot be deleted from the computer, even with a full reset.

When I download the dives to Mac-Dive, these dives are obviously also imported. I can delete them from Mac-Dive, but then next time I download a new dive, they get imported again. I have tried all the import options - i.e. new dives only, or dives not yet imported. It gets a bit annoying having to delete them after every download, especially as I also have to go into sites to delete the new "unknown country" sites which get created.

Is there a work around to this? Is there a way to hide these dives in Mac-Dive so that they don't get imported again?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Mares HD Icon - hide factory "dives"

Post by nick »

Hi there,

Once you've done a real dive these should no longer be imported, provided you are using "Only new dives" as the import mode.

There was a bug where this wasn't happening correctly in certain cases, but it was fixed a couple of updates ago. So I would suggest either doing a new dive, or making sure you are on the latest version (2.6.4).

If both of those things are true then please email support so we can take a closer look.

Ps, am I to assume you are a fellow Kiwi?
Taniwha
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

Post by Taniwha »

Thank you - I will do a real dive and see what happens.

However, I am a bit sceptical that it will make a difference because I made another artificial dive by dunking it in the swimming pool overnight, and it keeps re-importing that one too. I am using 2.6.4.

And to the answer your other question, yes I am, but living in France. My boat is called "Taniwha".

Richard
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hmm. It should not be doing that. Are you sure you're using "Only new dives" ?

I was testing an Icon HD specifically just recently and it was working as expected. I will take another look after work tonight.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I just double-checked with some test data. As far as I can tell, existing dives are found correctly and the import finishes. I would suggest triple-checking you are using 2.6.4, and "Only new dives". As above, if the problem persists after that then I will need to take a look at your data and get some debug info. In that case, drop me an email - I'll send you a debug version of MacDive and some instructions (it's pretty painless).