Importing From Aeris Computer Interface program

Problems ? Get help here!
daveungar
Dive Computer: Aeris Elite

Importing From Aeris Computer Interface program

Post by daveungar »

After years of collecting data from my computers on various pieces of software I FINALLY decided to organize it all online and I think MacDive is the best program - I bought it last night.

I would like to start my data import with my old files from "Aeris Computer Interface" or ACI. MacDive won't directly import the .dlg files so I figured it would be a simple matter to create a TXT file from ACI and import it into MacDive. However, I can't get ACI to create the text file. It looks like this was a known bug they allegedly fixed several releases ago but I've still got it.

I'm using ACI v.2.4.0 Build 8-26-14 and I've tried it on Windows 7 and Windows 10. If I export as DL7 I get some (but not all?) .ZXU files to the Export/ZXU directory; if I export as text I get no file at all in any directory.

I would appreciate suggestions for either getting ACI to export the file or else for alternative ways to get the data in. I'd like to get as much of the data as possible and a text file would be nice because I can review it and edit it before importing.

A second question: is the definition of the TEXT import available - in other words something showing what field one goes to, field two, etc.?

I'm new to the forum and thank you in advance for your help.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Importing From Aeris Computer Interface program

Post by nick »

Is there a newer version of ACI you can try, or are you on the most recent? I've exported stuff from it in the past.

That would be the simplest way. You could email me the DLG file, I can take a look on my end after work tonight.

But getting it to .TXT is the only practical way right now. Unfortunately the format is somewhat limited, so it will generally grab the date, profile etc but very few other details. It's better than nothing

There's no official description of it, as far as I know. The simplest thing to do is just look at it once you manage to get one exported.

If you email it through I'll see if there's anything I can do.
daveungar

Post by daveungar »

Thank you for offering to take a look at this. I have to work today but I'll take you up on your offer tonight and mail you a .dlg file.
I'm using the most current release of ACI. I should have mentioned that I'm using Windows 7 and Windows 10 with VMWare on a Mac. They both seem to work flawlessly but it's possible that ACI is trying to write a file and something about the virtualization is causing the problem. I tried writing both to the regular Windows Documents folder where the default ACI files are and I also tried a "network" drive which was physically another folder on the Mac side of the world. No luck with either one.

Thank you. I'll contact you tonight.
daveungar

Post by daveungar »

I wanted to publicly thank Nick for all the work he did to help me get my ACI (Aeris) dives from their software into MacDive. He went way beyond the meaning of "support" in dealing with an Aeris problem that had nothing to do with any problem in MacDive.

I had read that the support for MacDive was excellent, but it's a real pleasure to get to work directly with the developer and have him take the time to help one individual. It reminds me of the early days of the microcomputer revolution at the Byte shop in Palo Alto where everyone mixed and solved problems.

Thank you Nick.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

You're welcome!

And thank you for the kind words, makes it all worthwhile.