Welcome

Problems ? Get help here!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Welcome

Post by nick »

Welcome!

In the lead up to version 2, I thought it would be handy to have a central place for feature requests, support etc.
egon
Dive Computer: Suunto, Oceanic

Re: Welcome

Post by egon »

One feature that comes to mind, although there's a way to work with it right now, would be to have a database export format that preserves ALL the information in the database. I've played with all the export formats, and some of them lose some part of the dataset.

At this point, I've just been backing up the database file.

One other thing that might be useful is the ability to specify the location of the database. I use Dropbox to automatically save and version files. I just take the DB file and put it into the dropbox directory, but if it *lived* there, it would be an automatic backup.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Currently it's just stored in a generic application support folder, which is where the apple guidelines suggest storing data. You could move the file to your dropbox location and make the MacDive folder in Application Support a link to that, though.
egon
Dive Computer: Suunto, Oceanic

Post by egon »

Hmm.. I suppose a softlink would do the trick.

However, there are lots of applications that store data in arbitrary locations, including apps from Apple! ;-)
kaotic
Dive Computer: Aries Epic

Post by kaotic »

Already mentioned this in another post but I'd like to see this as an option, by default just run the database from the application support folder. But give us an option to move the database to another location =)