Aeris Manta - Dive computer memory reading error

Problems ? Get help here!
GoreM8
Dive Computer: Areis Manta

Aeris Manta - Dive computer memory reading error

Post by GoreM8 »

I've been using Mac Dive with my Aeris Manta for about a year without trouble. I didn't download my last 10 dives, so i decided to do it today and now all i got is "Failed to read dive computer memory (Error Code: -6)".

I'm running the OSX 10.7.4, the dive computer is an Aeris Manta with the original Aeris data transfer cable.

Any lights?

Thanks.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Aeris Manta - Dive computer memory reading error

Post by nick »

Have you read "Troubleshooting Downloads" in the help?

Do you have low battery? Is the cable connected properly? Does it work in windows via Oceanlog?
GoreM8

Post by GoreM8 »

Yes, i did.

I dont have a windows running pc (or the software to dual boot my mac) so i couldn't test it. About the battery, there is no indicator that it is running out.

I should be connected, the Areis Manta should "activate" the pc mode by itself upon detecting a cable. When you connect it, the computer shows "PC Mode" on screen. If i try any download options the computer screen go nuts and lights up all the possible characters. It only go back to normal if i disconnect the cable =/

I'll keep looking for a pc to do the windows test.
GoreM8

Post by GoreM8 »

Hi Nick, i've just tested my Aeris Manta within a Windows. Everything went well, i could download all the 25 dives i had in memory using the Aeris software.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Ok. There are two things to do: First, follow the instructions for reporting download problems:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=407

Use the "atom2" test.

Second, re-download MacDive from here: http://www.mac-dive.com/downloads/MacDive_2.1.5.dmg and try that. There was an issue with the first release of 2.1.5 that caused some download problems. If you upgraded within a day or so of it being released, you may be running in to that. If you upgraded more recently, that is not the issue, and you should run the test and email me the results.
GoreM8

Post by GoreM8 »

Just did the test and sent to you.

When i first got he error, first thing i did was reinstalling the app and tried both usb drivers (could this be the problem?)

Thank you.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Got it, cheers - will continue this via email.
milly
Dive Computer: Aeris Manta

Post by milly »

I have an Aeris Manta. I'm running El Capitan on both my MacBook and iMac. I wasn't able to sync my Manta to DiveLogDT, so just downloaded a trial of Macdive. Also downloaded the USB driver. But I'm getting a message that it can't detect a valid serial port. Do I just need to wait for a new driver?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

No. Which driver did you install? It should work fine. Also, did you actually install the driver after downloading it? Sometimes people forget to do this.

Sometimes when you install it doesn't actually "start" properly, it can be worth reinstalling and then rebooting just to make sure.