Repetitive Dives - Surface Interval Calculation

Problems ? Get help here!
Apexster
Dive Computer: Suunto D4i

Repetitive Dives - Surface Interval Calculation

Post by Apexster »

Hi,

I am new to this forum and though I have done some searching I cannot seem to find what I am looking for.

I have a Suunto D4i which works perfectly for calculating surface interval in Mac-Dive - no problems there.

I then went and manually entered about 80 dives manually from my log books. Everything is okay there except for the repetitive dives and the calculation of surface intervals between dives. My surface intervals all just show 00:00 - except for the surface intervals that were uploaded from the Suunto; which are working as expected.

It is very possible that I have done something wrong, but no amount of searching has lead me to the answer for this question.

How do I get Mac-Dive to calculate the surface interval between repetitive dives?

Thank you for any insight you can provide me and let me just say that I am very impressed with the quality of Mac-Dive as a product -- it really gives me everything I need for a dive log program - and far surpasses the offering that came with my Suunto computer.

Now if I could just straighten out this one small item I would be very happy indeed!

Thank you for your time
Steve
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Repetitive Dives - Surface Interval Calculation

Post by nick »

Select the dives, right click, and choose "Renumber". This will give you some simple options to calculate the repetitive dive numbers and/or surface intervals.

Cheers,
-nick
Apexster
Dive Computer: Suunto D4i

Post by Apexster »

Perfect! That is exactly what I was looking for and it fixed the issue for me.

Thank you for the timely response
Steve
nick wrote:Select the dives, right click, and choose "Renumber". This will give you some simple options to calculate the repetitive dive numbers and/or surface intervals.

Cheers,
-nick
mruseless
Dive Computer: Shearwater Petrel

Post by mruseless »

Hi Nick,
I was researching the question of how to recalculate surface intervals and found the answer in this thread. However, I have a related question so I thought I would post it on this thread.

I recently finished 19 dives on my Shearwater Petrel 2, importing them via Bluetooth at the end of each day. I noticed 2 strange things:

1- the listed "Dive Computer" for 17 of the dives shows "Shearwater Petrel", and the other show "Shearwater Petrel 2". The ones that show SP2 are in the middle of the series. Any idea how/why this happened?
2 - several of the dives show the surface interval as 00:00. In most cases the true SI was at least 12 hours, but in one case the actual SI is only 3 hours. Not sure why this is happening either.

Are these known issues?

Thanks
Eric
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hello,

I assume you are referring to the Mac version of MacDive, rather than the iPhone version?

The surface intervals might only be calculated for dives you just made, not taking previous ones in to account. You can select them all, right click, and recalculate them. I would have to double-check the code. The iPhone version is a little smarter about calculating repetitive dives etc. I have some improvements planned in this area for the Mac version.

The name is odd. It uses the model number of the downloaded dive to determine it, so I don't have an explanation for you on that. If you look at the gear that is associated with the dive, do those dives have a Petrel with the same serial number as the Petrel 2 on other dives?

In fact, could you please just email me your MacDive.sqlite data file? I will take a look myself.
mruseless

Post by mruseless »

Thanks Nick, I just sent you the MacDive.sqlite file.
Yes, I was referring to the Mac version.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Cheers, had a quick peek before work. It appears you were referring to both the Mac *and* the iOS versions, which is ultimately the reason for the name discrepancy. I will reply to your email with a bit more info.
mruseless

Post by mruseless »

Thanks Nick. Yeah, I had forgotten that for the two dives that showed Shearwater 2, I had downloaded those to my iPhone.