Air Temperature not filled in with Suunto D9TX

Problems ? Get help here!
Exposure
Dive Computer: D6,D9tx,Perdix,iX3M

Air Temperature not filled in with Suunto D9TX

Post by Exposure »

Hi There,

I have a basic question. I am using 2 computers, one is a Suunto D6 and the second one is a D9TX. When I upload a dive with the D6, I get the High Temp, the Low Temp and the Air Temp. When I upload a dive with the D9TX, I don't get the Air Temp. Is that a missing part in Macdive or in the Suunto?

Thank you in advance
Yvan
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Air Temperature not filled in with Suunto D9TX

Post by nick »

I don't know that it is available sorry. I haven't looked in a while though, and I have no data to compare (ie DM4 data vs D9tx data). From memory DM4 doesn't display it any longer..
Exposure
Dive Computer: D6,D9tx,Perdix,iX3M

Post by Exposure »

Thanks Nick. If I can be helpful in any comparison, let me know.

Yvan
ngc74
Dive Computer: Suunto D9TX

Post by ngc74 »

Hi,
i've got the same problem, d9tx not filling air temp. Any news about it ?
Thanx
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Most devices do not record an air temperature these days. Consider it a manual field that you can edit if you like.
ngc74

Post by ngc74 »

Ok, but Suunto D9tx record air temperature, and it is not downloaded on macdive. My old computer, a Suunto Vyper, also record air temperature and it is automatically downloaded on macdive.
It's not a big deal but, it's seems strange to me that a 1000€ computer it's not fully supported, but a 200 one is it.
Thank you
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

MacDive supports over 100 different computers. Not all of them record the same information.

From memory, SDM5 does not show air temperatures. I could be wrong on that, I haven't checked recently. But without that, it's difficult to track down exactly what the temperature is supposed to be, if it is even there. It was removed from some of the D series models because it was not correct, and I never tracked down a more correct value.

It takes a lot of time to reverse engineer these things. As not everyone has one of these particular devices, sometimes there are other priorities to work on that benefit a larger range of users.

Feel free to send a diagnostic report and a list of exactly what the air temperatures are for each dive, listed by date. If you can provide accurate information I will find some time to see about supporting it.

We're sorry you are unhappy with the product, and will attempt to rectify the issue for you.

Thank you for your feedback.
MacDive Support
ngc74

Post by ngc74 »

Thanks for your response, i understand. As i said before, it's not a big problem, i can insert temp data manually, don't worry about it. I am very satisfied with macdive, i've got both mac and ios version and i think it's a great software and money worth.