Cressi Leonardo (Error Code: -7)

Problems ? Get help here!
bubffm
Dive Computer: Suunto D4i

Re: Cressi Leonardo (Error Code: -7)

Post by bubffm »

I have finally been able to resolve this annoying and notorious Cressi Leonardo driver problem with Mac Dive following the procedures as described here: http://www.mostlynetworks.com/2014/11/o ... b-drivers/

The root cause of the problem is actually quite simple - once you know it: Yosemite only accepts signed driver software, and the prolific driver is apparently not signed (yet). Therefore you have to perform a terminal command to tell your Mac to accept unsigned drivers.

Finally now works like a charm for the first time ever.

bubffm
JamworkS
Dive Computer: Cressi Leonardo

Post by JamworkS »

bubffm wrote:I have finally been able to resolve this annoying and notorious Cressi Leonardo driver problem with Mac Dive following the procedures as described here: http://www.mostlynetworks.com/2014/11/o ... b-drivers/

The root cause of the problem is actually quite simple - once you know it: Yosemite only accepts signed driver software, and the prolific driver is apparently not signed (yet). Therefore you have to perform a terminal command to tell your Mac to accept unsigned drivers.

Finally now works like a charm for the first time ever.

bubffm
In my case, I'm still on Mavericks so I don't think that's part of my issue here. Nick, do you have nay news about this issue?

Thank you.

Regards.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Not yet, sorry. I'm waiting to hear back from some people, and trying to find a device to test myself (I don't have one right now). I've been side tracked on some other issues lately.
JamworkS

Post by JamworkS »

nick wrote:Not yet, sorry. I'm waiting to hear back from some people, and trying to find a device to test myself (I don't have one right now). I've been side tracked on some other issues lately.
Nick, I suppose you won't be in Europe soon, am I right? Otherwise, I could let you mine for you to test.

Kind regards,
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I have had some reports that the new version released by Cressi resolves the issue. Anyone interested in trying?

http://www.cressi.com/Professionalarea/ ... .asp?id=18

I'm not at home right now so I can't just grab the driver out, so you may need to grab the whole thing and install it. But I would be interested to hear if it helps more than just the couple of users who have reported it works.

And no, unfortunately, I won't be in Europe in the near future. If you feel like a trip to Bali, though..
bubffm
Dive Computer: Suunto D4i

Post by bubffm »

I could try this but I guess I would have to install the entire crappy interface from Cressi or is there a way to install just the driver ?

If there is a way to only the driver, I'd give it a try otherwise I'd be too scary that this interface messes up with my currently installed driver so I'd rather leave my setup alone as it has taken me so long to get it to work :(

Thanks
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I was more posting for JamworkS and other users benefit.

AFAICT it's the standard FTDI USB driver with their entry added, and it has a pre-process to execute the commands you referred to above. So you've effectively done what their installer does.

However this is all wrapped up in custom scripts. I think the reason for it is that they modify the driver which likely invalidates the signature, hence requiring dev mode to be enabled. I don't think this issue exists if the driver is unmodified, at least, I've never had any issues with it on Yosemite.

For anyone who doesn't have it working, it would be easier to just install their application and then that should take care of everything. When I get a minute I will look at building a custom installer that can install the driver without having to install their software as well, if you don't want it.

Thanks for your reply.
JamworkS

Post by JamworkS »

nick wrote:I was more posting for JamworkS and other users benefit.

AFAICT it's the standard FTDI USB driver with their entry added, and it has a pre-process to execute the commands you referred to above. So you've effectively done what their installer does.

However this is all wrapped up in custom scripts. I think the reason for it is that they modify the driver which likely invalidates the signature, hence requiring dev mode to be enabled. I don't think this issue exists if the driver is unmodified, at least, I've never had any issues with it on Yosemite.

For anyone who doesn't have it working, it would be easier to just install their application and then that should take care of everything. When I get a minute I will look at building a custom installer that can install the driver without having to install their software as well, if you don't want it.

Thanks for your reply.
Nick, you have my email address, you could've sent me an email as you know I'm waiting for these issue to be resolved.

Can you send me the instructions on what to do? (like you did the last time)
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Go to Cressi's site, download and install the latest version of their software.

There shouldn't be any need to email you specifically, the forum will notify you of new posts.

Thank you.
JamworkS

Post by JamworkS »

nick wrote:There shouldn't be any need to email you specifically, the forum will notify you of new posts.
Well, knowing that I contributed to this topic, that we exchanged a sh****oad of emails with options how to make it work, I wouldn't have minded a quick email. BTW I didn't received any email from this post, I logged in and saw there were new replies.
nick wrote:Go to Cressi's site, download and install the latest version of their software.
Done and no success. Still the same problem. Ideas?