Dive Buddy

Problems ? Get help here!
blairplayer
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra 2

Dive Buddy

Post by blairplayer »

New to MacDive. Love it overall. I've referred my dive pals to the software to make it easier for us to share dive info since only a couple of us have dive computers. So thanks for the application.

Probably an easy question, but I can't find where to update the Dive Buddy entry on a dive once the dive is created. And since dives are created automatically when you download from dive computer, you get the default buddy. Is there a way to get to this info so it can be updated post dive creation?

Any way to associate the pictures with a specific time mark on the dive profile? Associate it to the point in the dive rather than all grouped together at the beginning of the profile?

Any way to include the pictures in the print out of the dive logs? Include GPS coordinates in the printout?

Thanks
Blair
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Dive Buddy

Post by nick »

blairplayer wrote:New to MacDive. Love it overall. I've referred my dive pals to the software to make it easier for us to share dive info since only a couple of us have dive computers. So thanks for the application.

Probably an easy question, but I can't find where to update the Dive Buddy entry on a dive once the dive is created. And since dives are created automatically when you download from dive computer, you get the default buddy. Is there a way to get to this info so it can be updated post dive creation?
On the right of the app is a little disclosure triangle - click it, and the side panel comes out. Edit the buddy in there. Or, you can edit it directly in the main dives table - just click on it and wait a sec, then edit away. You can also use the side panel to edit multiple dives at once.
Any way to associate the pictures with a specific time mark on the dive profile? Associate it to the point in the dive rather than all grouped together at the beginning of the profile?
Where they are placed is all based on the EXIF data in the image. If they're all grouping together, then, that's kind of odd unless you took them all at the same time :)
Any way to include the pictures in the print out of the dive logs? Include GPS coordinates in the printout?
Not currently, but I can take a look at adding these.
blairplayer
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra 2

Post by blairplayer »

That's embarrassing.... I didn't notice the little triangle and so I hunted down the field in the sqlite table and wrote a couple update statements to modify the existing records. I knew there had to be a way within the app but I was overlooking the obvious.
I needed to get the pdf versions of the dive log prints completed so I could send into the dive shop to complete my nitrox certification.
Thanks for helping the blind.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

No problem - it's actually not really obvious at all.

That's gone in v2 - it's all a bit more intuitive how to do stuff like this. At least, I hope it is :)

Speaking of other non-obvious things: If you right click on the table header, you can add/remove columns, and most of those can be edited directly in the table. You can also select multiple dives and edit them using the "Info tab".

Again a lot of this is just plain old bad design, but it will all be much better soon, I promise!