MacDive Forums

Discussion and Support for MacDive
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:50 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:35 pm 

Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper Air
Hi Nick,

i just updated to the newest version to get the new features you have put in there, which makes the program better everytime with each update.
However i ran into a little problem after the update. It has to do with the little flag icons you see with different countries.

Since i'm from Holland, i put in all info in Macdive in Dutch. This is also the case for the different countries.
So, in the resources folder, i looked up the files with the flags for the countries i've been to, copied them and renamed them into my language. This always worked.
I saved these files somewhere else, because with each update, these files are lost. This way i only have to copy them back again in order for it to work.

Since i updated to 2.1.6 one country doesn't work anymore. And i have figured out that it has to do with the fact that a diaeresis is in the name. The country I'm talking about is Belgium.

In my language, "Belgium" is spelled as " België". However, macdive doesn't seem to understand the " ë "
That is why no flag is displayed, but a question mark.

Has this been changed in the latest version? I noticed the flags changed a little bit, so i copied the new files from the resource folder and renamed them into Dutch, and all flages for all countries work, except "België" .

Greets Twan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:59 am 
Site Admin

Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI
Perhaps - new APIs are used in order to support the retina display so a number of things changed.

Ultimately this is not really an officially supported thing, but I'll take a look and see if I can spot what is going on and if there is a workaround.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:31 am 

Dive Computer: Wisdom 2
I also have this problem with Curaçao. Other than that great update.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:10 am 
Site Admin

Curaçao is fixed for the next update.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:44 pm 

Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra
nick wrote:
Perhaps - new APIs are used in order to support the retina display so a number of things changed.

Ultimately this is not really an officially supported thing, but I'll take a look and see if I can spot what is going on and if there is a workaround.

Did you find a workaround for the flag of België (Belgium)? I have also the same problem with other countries like Italië, Indonesië, Kroatië and more. The letter ë is not recognized.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:29 am 
Site Admin

It's not that it isn't recognised so much as that the app is just not localised - only the english spellings of countries are recognised.

That said, just playing around a bit I have some kind of basic translation working. Are you referring in particular to the iOS or macOS version? If you'd like to drop me an email, I could send you a beta to try out.