How to delete faulty profile data?

Problems ? Get help here!
joelaposta
Dive Computer: Mares Icon HD

How to delete faulty profile data?

Post by joelaposta »

Is there a way to delete profile data under the raw tab?

I imported a couple hundred dives from diving at my local aquarium, so there is no profile with it, but for some reason it has one sample time at 00.00 so it shows as having a profile when there isn't one.

I know it really doesn't make much of a difference, but it makes the dive log icon show as having a profile vs the manual entry, and I like to be able to see which dives at a glance I manually entered.

Just curious if this was possible for me to fix somehow.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: How to delete faulty profile data?

Post by nick »

There's no current way to remove or edit a profile, unfortunately. I could probably look at adding a way to do this for you, though.

How were these dives loaded? They shouldn't have received a profile unless there was actually a value. Are they from a dive computer, or are they from a manual source?

Maybe it's better to fix the cause of the issue.
joelaposta

Post by joelaposta »

The dives were in an excel spreadsheet, and I converted it to a CSV, then used a perl script someone had posted in this forum to convert it to a suunto dive log, then imported that... if memory serves me... it was a one time import... and now I just manually add the dives from the aquarium in dive log and sync them to macdive.... there is no dive computer involved... and there never was a profile, so I'm not sure why it would have added that one sample data point... it only has time 00.00, depth and pressure 0 and a temperature value... very weird... but I never noticed it until I started making manual entries on dive log and saw the different icon. I have no desire to try reimporting, since I've made so many changes to those dives, with gear, etc... just curious if it was possible.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Maybe the suunto file you created had an initial/empty sample at 00:00. Hard to say without looking.

But, either way, if you don't want to reimport - there's no current way to fix it. I'll look at adding something though.
joelaposta

Post by joelaposta »

Thanks a lot... I know you always have a million things on your plate... but I love your program... one of the few programs I've purchased that I've been truly happy with!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Appreciate that - very kind.

Could you do me a favour and email me your MacDive.sqlite file? Would be good to test with your actual data so I can ensure the problem is fixed.
joelaposta

Post by joelaposta »

Sure thing... sending now.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Latest beta has a menu item for you!
joelaposta