Sync Problems with Diving Log

Problems ? Get help here!
Simon88
Dive Computer: Ostc 2n

Sync Problems with Diving Log

Post by Simon88 »

Hi Guys

Even though I have your newest version of Mac Dive the syncing doesn't work with my iPhone.
I bought Mac Dive and wanted to import the dives from my iPhone. When I activate sync, my phone is shown on Mac Dive, but when I click on sync, nothing happens...
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Sync Problems with Diving Log

Post by nick »

Simon88
Dive Computer: Ostc 2n

Post by Simon88 »

I already installed that version and it doesn't work.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Ok, then please follow the instructions for reporting sync problems, found here:

http://www.mac-dive.com/help/index.php? ... e_Log_Sync

I need your data to debug the issue.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Beta sorted this.
Benthic
Dive Computer: Xeo

Post by Benthic »

Hi all,

I'm using the latest beta. Most of the Dive Log syncing works fine, except for the new values: double tank tick-box and tank type (steel, aluminium, etc).

What syncs across is the tank size of a single tank and a blank field for tank type.

Benthic
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Well Dive Log currently only supports one tank, so this doesn't quite work right. MacDive will ignore any tank data from Dive Log, as it's not really compatible. When syncing back, it will just copy the first tank.

I'll double check the tank type though, as that should be getting synced. Dive Log should have an update with support for multiple gases soon and this will get updated. For now you'll have to live with it, unfortunately.
Benthic
Dive Computer: Xeo

Post by Benthic »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for that. But just to be clear I don't mean multiple different tanks. I mean when the first tank in MacDive has the "Double Tank" box checked, Dive Log's corresponding "twin cylinders" check box (under "Tank Size") is not also checked.

Cheers,
Benthic
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I will take a look and make sure that syncs.
Keith
Dive Computer: Suunto Mosquito

Post by Keith »

Is syncing of tank and air pressure data broken now? I'm using the latest beta.

I completed the tank size and starting ending pressures in dive log and when I sync to Mac Dive it replaces it with a different size tank with 0 for starting and ending tank pressures. If I go into dive log again and put in the details and try two sync MacDive does not recognise that there is new data.

Like wise if I complete the gas management tab in MacDive with the correct detail and try to sync it does not recognise that there is new data to sync. However, if I change something on a dive, a different one even, e.g. add a word in comments, then the details from the gas management tab get synced across even though there is no indication in the sync screen that the dive (if a different dive's comments are altered) let alone the field, will be synced across.

I don't have time (this time, I have done it a lot of times in the past) to provide files for you unless it is desperately important that I do so, I'm hoping that your knowledge of the recent changes you have made to that part of the program will be enough to answer the question this time.